Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

J20Joe
Adept III

7800X3D Overclocking

Hi,

Got a 7800X3D in my PC and is running great but i cant help but notice that it isnt running to the clock speeds that are specified on the AMD website? i think a few poeple had this issue but not got anywhere with it.

Some of my cores are boosting up to 4.8ghz under full load but why are they not hitting 5.0GHz? ive enabled PBO in my bios at negative curve optimiser -35 all cores (cant go above this value or it is not stable.

Tempertature is defintely not an issue as i have De-lidded the CPU and using LM, Max about 60degrees or so under full load. i throught that if i were to De-lid the thing i would be able to hit a lot higher frequencies.

PC Specs:

B560M ASROCK Riptide Motherboard

7800X3D

6900 XT

32GB 5600mhz Corsair V (EXPO Enabled)

1000W Plat PSU

Custom watercooled loop

7800x3d.jpg

1 Solution
J20Joe
Adept III

Update,

Updated bios and now boosting on a couple of cores to 5.05ghz which is better. But is there anyway I can overclock it further than a negative curve in PBO?

View solution in original post

6 Replies
J20Joe
Adept III

Update,

Updated bios and now boosting on a couple of cores to 5.05ghz which is better. But is there anyway I can overclock it further than a negative curve in PBO?

Koyote7667
Challenger

The stacked vcache variants are tied down pretty good. (love mine) 5050 is there. If you want to (and see zero benifit, especially for gaming) you can do some silly stuff, serach over clock 7800x3d on youtube and watch some skatterbench. But, it wont do much, if anything for gaming. If your seeing 5.0 in game, your fine. 

Your now able because of the newer agesa updates to get your mem speeds up, and reliable. (6400 here)

EDIT- not to mention, the boost speed, posted, is 4.7-4.9 lol.. so,.. well, your there. 

But, your not going to see much of a gain in gaming, or really anywhere.  Just load a game up and game my dude. Cheers. 

Had a quick look at that, yeah. Lot of work for not much gain, think I've probably gone as far as I can, the bios update was worth while. 

Thanks for the comment

0 Likes

I agree mate... cheers, happy gaming

0 Likes

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

0 Likes

Go **bleep** yourself

0 Likes