cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

ShanKhalee
Journeyman III

7800x3d high temp in bios

• Hi, I just upgraded my pc from intel 9600k to AMD 7800x3d, I get in bios to make the bios update, and noticed that my CPU temp was at 70°c....
  • I mounted the aio (nucleus 360) correctly, I noticed that I had no issues before a certain windows update, I tried the 24h2 With my old CPU, temps were getting very high too. I tried to rollback to windows 10 21h2, but same issue.
  • I made a clean install of windows 10 again, install the new mb (x670e proart) and the new CPU, but still high temp, I checked the fan and pump speed they are both full speed. No issues here. No air bubbles, I put my pc at 45°c to be sure that water goes down and air up, but I put my rad on top so it shouldn't be an issue at all... I noticed that when I restart thepc,  fans runs slower than in bios and when it goes it launch the pc, and get into the bios, fans runs faster. .... I don't know what to do;(
0 Likes
18 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

ShanKhalee, list all your parts and if proart is a MB application, please uninstall it. Post a screenshot of Ryzen Master (RM) running Cinebench R24 Multicore. Images of RM only. John.

0 Likes

Proart is the motherboard the Asus proart x670e. I actually can't access to windows, it says me that the pin login is bugging, I need to restart, but I reset my pc so no ethernet drivers... I wait for someone to help me to make a bootable key. So my parts: Asus proart x670e as I said, 7800x3d, 2x 48gb ram 6800 gskill. 1000w seasonic PSU. And some SSD 2x M2 and 5x 2.5 . And of course my aio 360 ekwb nucleus.

0 Likes

ShanKhalee, I have no idea what this means: "pin login is bugging". Try pasting into Google in your native language and translate into and post the English. John.

0 Likes

When I turn on my pc, after booting, on login interface, (windows login), I had a pin code to access to windows. But when I'm on the interface to put the pin code it says, that pin code have an issue, and I need to reinitialize the pin code. But it don't work because I need to be connected to internet for that.

0 Likes

I made a bootable key for reinstalling windows. But the issue is still here, I tried to undervolt my CPU.... Same idle temp.... And pc reboot when he wants. Or just do a black screen while pc still running. Edit: my pc just crash. The screen freeze , and I couldn't use my keyboard or mouse.

0 Likes

ShanKhalee, what issue is still there? The maximum temperature for 7800x3d is 89C. Do a Clear CMOS and stay out of BIOS. Do you have the latest BIOS installed? Look in the Event Viewer and post some Critical errors. Is the cooler installed correctly and tight? What RPM is the pump and fans running?  John.

EDIT: Still need to see the RM screenshot.

0 Likes

The issue is that I have high temp in idle, 70°c it's not normal, it should be around 30 with my aio. I already did some clear CMOS, issue is still here, and I can't stay on windows for more than a few seconds, it reboot all the time, I can't do anything else than looking in bios what could be wrong. Yes, I installed the latest bios from Asus website. the cooler is well installed, pump rpm is at full speed with bios default settings. And fans are running at 2000. I don't think that's a cooler issue.

0 Likes

ShanKhalee, I agree that your temperature should be lower with the AIO cooler. But I think we should address the crash problem first. Post ALL your components. Remove  all but one of your memory sticks and see how it runs. If it runs OK place the same stick in each of your slots. Try all sticks one at a time. Post all your components and let us know the results of your memory tests. Can you boot into BIOS and just sit there for an hour? John.

0 Likes

I already listed my pc parts, in another comment, I can boot to bios, it's the only thing I can do. I'm going to try for the memory stick. My bad I forgot the GPU, it's a 4070ti from Manli.

0 Likes

ShanKhalee, cannot find " 2x 48gb ram 6800 gskill" what is the part number? Is it on the MB QVL? John.

0 Likes

F5-6800J3446F48GX2-RS5K / I looked in Asus mb support website, it's not listed, sadly, i was looking on the (trusted) reseller site, it says that the mb can handle that ram ... I'm buying new ram to see if it changes anything. But I had the same issue, with my previous build with the 9600k and the Asus z390e strix motherboard, it happened only after a certain windows update. But I made a clean windows install on the new build, so it shouldn't be that issue...

0 Likes
Koyote7667
Challenger

What is it liking actually gaming or what not??????? 

EDIT- also, so its a new board and chip. Are you on the latest BIOs now ?

0 Likes

Motherboard and CPU are brand new, and I'm on latest bios. I can't even stay on windows for some seconds, it reboot, so I can't play any games, the 70°c is in idle.... Not on load.

0 Likes

I think you have some other issue dude..... If you cant keep a 7800x3d cool, something is very wrong. Thats if the 70c (that isnt all that high to cause windows to crash) is even causing your issues. You have some other issue imho. Like a memory issue. What memory are you using after you switched from intel (9600k) ? 

0 Likes

ShanKhalee, is the latest BIOS a Beta one? If so go back to the latest non Beta BIOS. Do you have any error LEDs on the MB, any on? What are the results of the memory tests? have you tried with only one memory stick? Try that with one stick in all slots. John.

EDIT: Boot-able memory test.

0 Likes

• It was a beta one yes, but I just tried a non beta, and same issue. 
  • I do have error led, and they are off.
  • Memory on different slots don't work.
  • I should receive my new ram ( compatible this time;) ) in few days.
  • Can I do this memory test without being able to boot on windows? Actually I tried to reinstall windows, but it doesn't work properly. It launch the installation but, after some seconds, it stopped, reboot, and black screen.
  • I'm going to retry another time to reinstall windows tomorrow, with the windows creation tool.
  • Thx for the Time that you spend to help me.
0 Likes

ShanKhalee, get a bootable memory test here. I would suggest you do not try installing Windows until the memory problem is resolved. Using MemTest86 try each stick in each slot and see what you find. John.

0 Likes

Ok thx I'll try.

0 Likes