cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Marian2
Journeyman III

7600x High temps

Hello, i have an ryzen 7600x and i'm using it with masterliquid 240l v2, temps in idle are 46-55 degrees and in cpu-z stress test i reach 93 degrees, i this good? In my opinnion is not, but i want an advice, the aio is brand new

0 Likes
9 Replies
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

What Kind of temps are you getting during gaming sessions? 

Whats your case? 

Whats your ambient temp? 

The Englishman
0 Likes
Marian2
Journeyman III

83 max, ALPHAGEAR PURIFIER ARGB, 25 degrees. Sorry, i know that my english is not good.

0 Likes

I believe you may have a under performing AIO or the PBO settings are pushing the CPU further. However, your temps are pretty much in the average and still within safe operating temps.

I would reseat the AIO and use a different technique for applying thermal paste. Use a spatula and spread a nice cover to see if improves.

You can also try Curve Optimizer or negative offset undervolt.

How to curve optimize. 

https://youtube.com/shorts/0iyja9yQ-tM?feature=share 

Good luck 

The Englishman
0 Likes

You are fine. Run it.........

0 Likes
Marian2
Journeyman III

What is weird is that in ASUS Armoury Crate is showing 40 degrees, is reaching maximum 83 degrees, in core temp is showing 49, big difference between those two programs

0 Likes

Hi, Armoury Crate uses a different sensor, located under the socket. You are seeing two different temperature readings. 

The Englishman
0 Likes

The Maximum Operating Temperature for your 7600X is 95C so it isn't overheating but getting close to it.

Plus your processor has a high TDP Rating of 105 watts so you will need a powerful CPU Cooler rated at least a TDP of 200 watts or higher to keep your processor cool under any types of loads.

But your AIO CPU Cooler seems to be adequate enough to keep the processor from overheating. If the Temps during games is in the low 80's c than you don't really have an issue.

Here is AMD Recommened CPU Coolers for the 7000 Series and all 105 Watt TDP rated processors:

Screenshot 2023-07-23 110818.png

In Core Temp I use Temperature Offsets to make the temperatures more closely related to Ryzen Master's Temperatures.  That way it is more accurate.

I have a Ryzen 7 3700X Processors and in Core Temp I use an Offset of 7cs to make it comparable to Ryzen Master's temperature.

0 Likes
Koyote7667
Challenger

The cpu and cpu PACKAGE temps are going to be very different. (think gpu temp, and junction temps) 

While 93 on a 7600x is fine, and it WANTS to run there,.....Hell i thought it ran even hotter, ill bet your case flow is **bleep**, and your cooling is garbage. What cheap turd of a air cooler do you run on it? I already know its not a AIO.  That said, run the thing, or be prepared to spend more coin. (case with flow, fans, AIO/water/rad and such). 

Cheers. 

0 Likes
Angeluk
Challenger

these temps are normal for ryzen 9 series. you need to undervolt it...

0 Likes