Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

thepajt13
Adept I

7600X High temp question

Hello,

I have bought new 7600X cpu, however i'm not sure of these high temps.

Results from HWMonitor 

Highest (MAX):

Package 97.5 C

CCD #0 106.4 C

During high intensity 

I'm using the Fortis 5 ARGB with Endorfy Regnum 400.

Are these OK or should i worry about it?

0 Likes
1 Solution
thepajt13
Adept I

Found solution for the issue. My cooler weren't tight enough and i think i didn't put enough thermal paste. 

Now with Cinebench on multicore doesn't go above 90C.

And stay under 80C with CPU-Z Stress CPU.

Seems fine and very quite now. 

Thank You all so much!! 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

thepajt13, 7600X maximum temperature is specified at 95C, so these temperatures are probably wrong. Please post a Screenshot of Ryzen Master (RM) while running Cinebench R23. Your cooler may not be enough. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes
thepajt13
Adept I

The R23 score came as 13178 pts (Multi Core)

1.jpg

0 Likes

Thanks thepajt13,  your temperature is at 95C. You are close to shutting down. May need a better cooler. I suggest you check to be sure the mounting looks good and tight. I also need to see the Advanced View of RM, so please post one. Thanks and Enjoy, John.

0 Likes
G1n
Adept III

Use custom PBO limits if you want lower temps for literally same performance.

0 Likes
RangerRobAZ
Adept II

High temps are normal for 7600x while running heavy multi core workloads. I get about 15.000 +/- with cinebench r23 with my 7600x. I have a pretty good air cooler, deep cool ak620. If you have a smaller cooler, the heat builds up more and the cpu throttles down performance to stay at around 95C. Unless you’re doing rendering work or something like that, you probably don’t need to worry about it. For games it should be fine, although if you have a really bad cooler maybe not. 

0 Likes
thepajt13
Adept I

Found solution for the issue. My cooler weren't tight enough and i think i didn't put enough thermal paste. 

Now with Cinebench on multicore doesn't go above 90C.

And stay under 80C with CPU-Z Stress CPU.

Seems fine and very quite now. 

Thank You all so much!! 

0 Likes