Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Zerberus
Adept I

7600x freezer 36 high temps

Hi,

I got a 7600x which gets cooled by a artic freezer 36.

I get around 14500 in cb23 and the cpu is not thermal throttling. Thats ok. 

But

The temp are rising to 95° right after I start the test. No pbo or other overclocking is activated.

As far as I know the freezer 36 should not have any problems to cool a 7600x. 

I know 95° is not really a problem for the cpu. But it is kinda weird that the freezer 36 is struggling that much to keep the 7600x in check. 

For all what i have read the temps. Should be at 75-85°.

Any ideas what i can do to lower the temps?

0 Likes
6 Replies

Most likely your Arctic Freezer 36 Air CPU Cooler might be slightly under-powered for your 7600X Processor.

Strong enough to prevent it from overheating under normal loads but under very heavy loads or stress it causes your processor to run to its Max Oper. Temp or overheat.

If the processor stays at 95c or below than your processor is running within it safe temperature range and the CPU Cooler is doing its job. But it is best to run the processor as cool as possible though.

Your Ryzen 7600X has a Maximum Operating Temperature of 95c with a high TDP Rating of 105 Watts. So you will need a powerful CPU Cooler to prevent the processor from overheating.

From AMD Specs: https://www.amd.com/en/products/processors/desktops/ryzen/7000-series/amd-ryzen-5-7600x.html  

AMD Recommended Cooler: Premium air cooler recommended for optimal performance

So you might want to install a much more powerful Air CPU Cooler or Liquid AIO CPU Cooler for better results.

NOTE: you can try replacing your Arctic 36 Fans with much stronger High CFM fans. That should help keep your processor to run cooler.

Make sure you have both CPU Cooler Fans correctly aligned in a Push-Pull configuration. One fan pulls in air to the CPU Cooler and the second Fan pushes out air from the CPU Cooler.

0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

Zerberus, post a screenshot of Ryzen Master (RM) running Cinebench R24 multicore. John.

0 Likes

Screenshot 2024-08-16 170953.png

0 Likes

Thanks, Zerberus. This looks fine. Your processor is throttling due to temperature (red meter). This is your maximum and is just fine to run here. It goes up quickly because Ryzen reacts quickly to tasks scheduled by Windows. If you really want lower temperatures, get a better cooler, perhaps an AIO. John.

0 Likes
johnnyenglish
Big Boss

Hi,
And what are you idle and gaming temperatures?

Is it well mounted? Enough thermal paste? Whats the ambient temperature? Does your case have a glass front?

There are all sorts of questions and factors when temperatures are at play, sometimes even the GPU plays a part on it because if its too close it will help heat soaking the CPU cooler where a water cooler will get fresh air straight from the front of the case.

There are also some tactics like curve optimizer and offset undervolting to help with temperatures.

Good Luck

The Englishman
0 Likes

I reinstalled the cooler after i noticed the high temps. So i should be mounted correctly and there is enough thermal paste.

Ambiente temp is around 22° and i use the bequiet 500 dx with 3 pure wings 2 140mm fans.

Unfortunately i can not undervolt the 7600x. 

I tried and if I go over -5 in curve optimizer the cpu is getting unstable.