cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

OGKuppane
Journeyman III

5800x3d temps ok?

I know my cpu can run hot but im just wondering is it safe to run it on gaming at max 81celsius, mostly temps are in the lower 70 or 75c, cooler is Be quiet dark rock 4 Pro, playing at 4k with 4090. Case is Be quiet pure base 500dx with 5 fans. I did lower the Power limit of 4090 to 70%, it did helped alot with heat but still temps can peak at 80 while gaming. I Have repasted and checked the mounting, everything should be in order. Cinemabench 2024 temps are mostly at 85, hotspot 90c. In a long term, are my temps okey? Im getting Paranoid

0 Likes
1 Solution
Jeffreywilliams
Journeyman III

@OGKuppane wrote:  BeBallPlayers

I know my cpu can run hot but im just wondering is it safe to run it on gaming at max 81celsius, mostly temps are in the lower 70 or 75c, cooler is Be quiet dark rock 4 Pro, playing at 4k with 4090. Case is Be quiet pure base 500dx with 5 fans. I did lower the Power limit of 4090 to 70%, it did helped alot with heat but still temps can peak at 80 while gaming. I Have repasted and checked the mounting, everything should be in order. Cinemabench 2024 temps are mostly at 85, hotspot 90c. In a long term, are my temps okey? Im getting Paranoid

Hello,

the Ryzen 7 5800X3D has a maximum operating temperature of 90°C. So, as long as your CPU temperature does not reach or exceed this limit, you are fine. However, it is best to keep the temperature as low as possible for optimal performance and longevity. Your current gaming temperature of 81°C is within the safe range, but it is on the higher end of the spectrum.

Some users have reported lower temperatures with the same CPU and cooler, so you may want to check your airflow, fan curves, and BIOS settings to see if you can improve your cooling efficiency. You can also try undervolting your CPU to reduce the power consumption and heat output, but be careful not to compromise the stability or performance of your system.

I hope this helps you. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask me.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Jeffreywilliams
Journeyman III

@OGKuppane wrote:  BeBallPlayers

Hello,

the Ryzen 7 5800X3D has a maximum operating temperature of 90°C. So, as long as your CPU temperature does not reach or exceed this limit, you are fine. However, it is best to keep the temperature as low as possible for optimal performance and longevity. Your current gaming temperature of 81°C is within the safe range, but it is on the higher end of the spectrum.

Some users have reported lower temperatures with the same CPU and cooler, so you may want to check your airflow, fan curves, and BIOS settings to see if you can improve your cooling efficiency. You can also try undervolting your CPU to reduce the power consumption and heat output, but be careful not to compromise the stability or performance of your system.

I hope this helps you. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask me.

Thanks for answering, you made my day.

0 Likes