cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

nextyzzz
Adept I

5700x not going over 4.2ghz

Hey guys, recently i started noticing that my 5700x has not been hitting 4.6ghz, even in Cities Skylines and Cinebench R23

I have a 240mm AiO and cooling is really not an issue.
I cant recall when this started, possibly after updating the bios or downloading new chipset drivers. It also never goes over 57 watts.
Is it possible i enabled some eco mode on accident? My motherboard is the Asrock a320M-HDV R4.0. It doesnt have much in terms of processor speed management/overclocking
Ive already tried messing with the power plans in windows, changing pstate0 in bios, checking for vrm throttling, rseting bios to defaults but none of it has helped.

Can someone point me to where ive gone wrong? Thanks in advance

0 Likes
4 Replies
johnnyenglish
Big Boss

A320 chipset boards is the entry level for first gen Ryzen and is a very poor pair for your 5700X even if it supports it.

As you said, there are little to no options on CPU so you may be locked out or worst, with a low end VRM delivery, the board may be unable to deliver the power that the CPU needs.

Try checking if PBO can be enabled but I believe you won't go far without a new board.

The Englishman
0 Likes

yes, my motherboard is a very cheap one that came with my prebuilt which has been completely swapped except from the motherboard. the thing is, it worked completely fine until a few days ago. I can’t seem to find the issue. My motherboard has no setting for PBO either.

0 Likes

Since you mentioned a BIOS update, either try a CMOS clear or roll back entirely.

Is there a PPT/EDC option inside BIOS?

The Englishman
0 Likes
nextyzzz
Adept I

I tried CMOS reset and going back to an older bios is not possible. 
There is no PPT/EDC settings in the BIOS. Not even mentioned.

I may be getting a new motherboard soon, so hopefully that fixes it.
Im just scared that i may have somehow damaged my CPU

0 Likes