cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

anairfreshna
Journeyman III

5600g Graphics not function on a bios level.

I have a few computers with Ryzen 5 5600g's in them. 2 of them have msi b550 mortar max wifi motherboards the other has an asus b550m-a wifi motherboard.

one of the ones with a msi motherboard started feeling sluggish and slow to boot. IT then started having beep codes of 1 long beep 2 short beeps which is video card error when posting. it then does not show bios splash screen but would load windows and once it was at the login screen the screen will turn on.  once logged in it is locked to 600x480 resolution however device manager shows the igpu as the display adaptor and says it the device is working properly.

you just cant alter any settings to do with it.  resolution is locked in windows and amd software freezes when you try to open it to change settings that way.

I have swapped 2 x other 5600g's into this motherboard and it works perfectly when they are installed the issue reoccurs when that cpu is installed in the other msi board and in the asus board it just does not post at all. 

if a dedicated GPU is installed with this cpu it boots normally can access bios, the bios spash screen shows normally and functions somewhat well but still does not seem to have full grunt.

I'm pretty sure the cpu is faulty at this point but want to know if anyone has any suggestions to try before trying to claim warranty on it.

0 Likes
1 Reply
FunkZ
Forerunner

You seem to have isolated the problem to the specific CPU in question, the only other thing that could impact the integrated graphics is the system memory, which you don't mention.

The 5600G is rated for up to DDR4-3200, anything above that is not guaranteed. What speed memory are you using with these systems?

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT