cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

NormS
Adept I

XMP RAM

Hi! My system specs are as follows: Ryzen 3 3200G. Mainboard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H. I have recently installed XPG Gammix D35 RAM with capacity 16GB. It has max speed at 3200Mhz. However, I am using XMP profile 1 with reduced speed 2933Mhz as it is maximum my CPU supports (according to official specification) . Is it possible to switch to speed 3200Mhz witout any risk to damage cpu? What about voltages? Currently they fluctuate from 0.4 to 1.5 as max... mostly staying in  1-1.3V limits. Is that acceptable? Thanks in advance for your advice.

0 Likes
1 Solution
johnnyenglish
Big Boss

Sure, you can use the XMP/DOCP at 3200. Even my brother had the luck to get 3200 speeds on the 1700X

Just stress test it because you may encounter some crashes, and since you already report some, it could be worst.

The other way is to fine tune if you are comfortable with to get the system stable.

I had to lower some timings and increase vSoC, but I strongly advise you not to push the last one over 1,25v

Another thing, I think you may be confused with the "1,3v limit" that doesn't apply to vCore, the one you seem to report. Or for that matter, the latest "CPU burn thing" does not have anything to do with your generation of Ryzen.

Good luck 

The Englishman

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Farcuen
Adept III

Hi to answer you it is better if you can provide more information about the RAM.

Can you download this (click on this to download it) software and paste some screenshot in the reply? 

The image below show in which tab you have to do the screenshot.

Farcuen_0-1698672239300.png

Kind regards

Farcuen

0 Likes

If I choose to use XMP Profile 1 with 3200Mhz speed (Factory preset), will it not degrade or damage CPU or RAM itself in the long run?

0 Likes
NormS
Adept I

Hi Farcuen!

Thank you. Here is a screenshot. Please note I also had some screen freezes while trying to open HW Monitor app. Otherwise PC is quite snappy at 2933Mhz. 

Screenshot 2023-10-30 170426.png

johnnyenglish
Big Boss

Sure, you can use the XMP/DOCP at 3200. Even my brother had the luck to get 3200 speeds on the 1700X

Just stress test it because you may encounter some crashes, and since you already report some, it could be worst.

The other way is to fine tune if you are comfortable with to get the system stable.

I had to lower some timings and increase vSoC, but I strongly advise you not to push the last one over 1,25v

Another thing, I think you may be confused with the "1,3v limit" that doesn't apply to vCore, the one you seem to report. Or for that matter, the latest "CPU burn thing" does not have anything to do with your generation of Ryzen.

Good luck 

The Englishman
0 Likes

Hi JohnnyEnglish,

Thanks for your input. My main concern is to keep cpu, ram and system healthy overall (not to damage in any way). I am not ready to tinker with voltage and other settings, not yet. :). Just switched to full profile 3200Mhz and so far all is running smooth as butter. VsoC showings fluctuate from 1.188 to 1.2V. I hope that is good. Below are other settings which seem to be ok. 

Best regards,

Screenshot 2023-10-31 124813.png

I've ran, and still do in a secondary machine. A 2700X with 3200mhz on the DDR4. That is no reason for concern.

Get HwInfo to watch your voltages and more, much better.

The Englishman
NormS
Adept I

Thank you. It is good to know. Now enjoying increased system responsiveness with 3200Mhz.

0 Likes