cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

kakaroto
Journeyman III

WHEA 18 Fatal Error and Kernel 41 - restarting randomly - Ryzen 5700X and Asus TUF B450M PRO S

Hello Friends

My computers is restarting randomly, I have already read many topics here about it, and nothing worked for me.
Windows Event shows: 

WHEA 18 Fatal Error - Core Failure - ID processor: 12
Kernel 41 Kernel Power

This built is new, have less than 6 months, everything was ok for months, but since 1-2 months ago it is restarting randomly for everything. Temps are always ok.

Most of the times, the restarts occurs in iddle, when only surfing on web. Sometimes It restarts in full load, sometimes in iddle, sometimes it stays many days without restarting. Sometimes it restarts 15x or more in only one day. I am able to run stress tests for many hours without errors.

After many tests I stabilized the Ryzen 5700X with fixed voltage and clock - 4.5ghz All-cores and 1.275v. No more restarts with this setting. But its not normal that the CPU is only able to run with fixed voltage and clock, If I try bios in default, the problem comes back. It took a long long long long time to get the CPU stabilized.

I dont know, but the problem occurs more in situations of single-core applications and load. Seems an issue with PBO and oscilation of voltage and clock, because solved with fixed voltage and clock estabilized the CPU and no more restarts and no more errors.

I dont know if the problem is the CPU, the motherboard, or both. I saw many people reporting this problem, some replaced the motherboard and didnt work, some replaced the CPU and didnt work, some replaced the PSU and didnt work. I need to know what is the cause of the problem to replace the part and get my computer working fine.

What is strange is, I was using before this same computer before with another motheboard, one Asus A520M TUF Gaming, and I didnt have this problem, same memorys, same VGA, same PSU, same SSDs. But everything I read about this problem indicates that the problem is the CPU, not the motherboard..

But I dont know if its Bios, AGESA, or something like that.

Here is my setup:
Ryzen 7 5700X 4.6Ghz
Asus TUF B450M PRO S
16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 XPG 4133Mhz CL19 1.4V @ 3600Mhz CL 16-22-22-39-60 1.35V
Corsair CX550W
ASUS TUF RTX 2060 6GB
SSD NVME Samsung 970 EVO Plus 250GB (System)
SSD NVME 1TB XPG S11 LITE (Files)
HD Seagate 2TB Barracuda 7200rpm 

Temperatures:
- CPU 70~80º
- VRM MAX Temp 80º
- RTX 2060 MAX Temp 82º
- SSD Nvme  Max Temp 55º
- PSU Voltages are OK

I have already tried:
- Everything
- System reinstall
- Clear CMODS
- Default BIOS, XMP on and off, manual timmings
- Cleaning memory contacts
- Changing memory slots
- Only one memory
-  PBO and CPB -> Disabled
- PPS Support -> Disabled 
- Power Down Enabled -> Disabled (For DRAM)
- Power Supply Iddle Control -> Typical Current Idle 
- Many different adjusts  in BIOS}
- fTPM Disabled
- Bios downgrade, Bios Update
- Drivers update: AMD Chipset B450M
- Tested with no SSD/HD in motherboard, and CPU was still restaring in looping

I tested:
Memorys in Memtest and OCCT - NO ERRORS at @3600Mhz CL16 1.35v
CPU with many hours in OCCT and Cinebench - no erros
RTX 2060 with AIDA64 and Furmark - everything ok

AMD recommended, and I tried and Didnt worked:

kakaroto_0-1677965076511.png

PLEASE AMD, HELP US WITH SUPPORT, I SAW PEOPLE WITH B450, B550, X570, B650,  RYZEN 5600X, 5800X, 5900X, 5950X, 7600X, 7700X REPORTING THE SAME PROBLEM IN THIS FORUM, WHATS GOING ON???????

0 Likes
0 Replies