cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

Desho
Journeyman III

Ryzen 7 3700X Temps

I have been running my system for a while and would like some insight on my CPU temps. I get between 44-51C while browsing on Firefox at 4-6% usage. There is a Plex Media Server, sonarr, radarr, and jackett.

Specs

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700Xs

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

Ram: Team T-Force XTREEM 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 4133 (overclocked)

Performance & HWMonitor

CPUID HWMonitor & Task Manager performance.CPUID HWMonitor & Task Manager performance.

0 Likes
3 Replies

I have the same AMD processor Ryzen 7 3700X and I am using a Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO with the fan that came with it and one High CFM fan (Push-Pull configuration) to keep my processor from getting too hot.

My temperatures fluctuate between high 40c to high 50c all the time while at idle or doing normal computing use. But I have a huge amount of background services running besides the normal Windows background services.

But my temps are similar to yours with only 2% -3% CPU usage.

I don't worry about it unless my Temperature starts running above 80c most of the time. Then I will start troubleshooting the CPU cooler.

The 3700x Maximum Operating Temperature is 95C. So if your temps are below 80C I wouldn't worry about it. Seems like the Ryzen 3000 series run normally hot.

By the way my room temp is generally around 79F - 80F.

I've just always been used to these Temps, considering my case has thermal glass on all sides and no open front panel for the fans, I'm sure that hurts my configuration a little. maybe I'll buy more silent fans to promote more air flow.

I am using a rather old but very good Coolermaster Computer case (HAF X) with 5 case fans (200 MM fans) which does have good air circulation inside.

The case has 2 - 200 MM top case fans, one 200 MM side fan, one 200 MM front fan and one 120 MM rear case besides my PSU, CPU Cooler, & GPU fans.

I just need to clean the computer case every once in a while due to excessive dust build up on the fan covers and fans.

NOTE: yes poor air circulation inside your computer case will definitely cause your CPU and GPU to run hotter than normal.

0 Likes