Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

MaGiiK
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5950x Randomly Crashes

Hello,

I have a Ryzen 5950x machine and for the life of me it will randomly crash during medium to heavy workloads. The CPU is inside of a 1U chassis inside a datacenter, the CPU itself is water cooled, and there are 3 high velocity fans providing air flow for the machine. Here is the full list of specs:

CPU: Ryzen 5950x (Dynatron L3 Liquid cooler with AM4 bracket)

Ram: 128 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram 2400 MHz CL16

Storage: 2x2 TB NVMe SSDs

Power Supply: 350 W Gold Certified

I ran a MemTest86 which took about 18 hours and return zero issues. The server itself is hosting games and it has been online for about a week. Today we fully released the server and the player count double / tripled and the machine hard shut itself off with no errors to report in the kernel logs. I also have ran a CPU stress test for 4-6 hours without any issues or the machine crashing. The motherboard is a B550 and is running the latest BIOs. Any help to fix these random shutdowns would be much appreciated. 

0 Likes
3 Replies

The 'COMMUNITIES > SERVER GURUS' section may be the better place to post your query.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
Ryudo_Winchester
Journeyman III

I dont know if you had the same problem as i did 

I ran memtest too and no errors and bsod and no error logs 

You can find a guide on this link

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5560-configure-windows-10-create-minidump-bsod.html

Change it too 256 option 

and maybe turn off autorestart that way if its bsod you atleast can read the error

Any way my Problem got fixed as i send my pc in and was a faulty Cpu

0 Likes
Gwillakers
Challenger

Just a few points.

1. I like ECC Ram, it almost always logs an error in Event Viewer long before one has trouble with BIOS or Windows.

When I say "long before"  I mean Looser Latencies or slower speeds before they show up elsewhere.

2.  I am a bit concerned about a 350W power supply and a Ryzen 9 5950X.

How much Amperage does it put out on the 12V line?

3. Run Ryzen Master.   Look at its dashboard when you are running light to medium loads.

4.  Lastly but don't overlook this.

I am amazed at how many people think that running MemTest64 or Prime95 for hours is the best way to find problems.

Getting your Chip blistering hot and waiting for it to break is only one technique.

Example:   I had a system that I would power on and run Prime95 for a Half hour or so, successfully.

But after several successful runs, it would then crash when idling.

Why?

Well when I booted, the chip was cool, running low frequencies with low voltage.

Run Prime95, the frequencies ramp up, so does the voltage and the heat ramps up. But it runs sucessful.

When I stop Prime95,   the processor immediately lowers the frequencies and the voltage.

But now the system crashes.

You see the lower voltage was no longer sufficient to go through a Hot chip.

Resistance in Hot chips are higher than in cool chips.

The low voltage was sufficient to power idle when the chip was cool, but not after Prime95

0 Likes