cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

M1sT
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5700G runs at 100% utilization

Whenever I launch a game or even download something on steam my cpu runs at 100% utilization. But, after playing the game for about 5 to 10 minutes, the cpu usage drops back down to normal (15-26%). I have noticed that my cpu temps are fine though and the game never degrades in performance when at 100% utilization. I don't know if I should worry about this or not because there are no hitches in performace and temperature, but I have had this computer for 3 years and have never had problems. I did enable resizable bar recently but I don't know if that is the cause of the issue. 

0 Likes
2 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

M1sT, so what is the complaint? Windows is the worst source for utilization information and I know of no one that understand what it means. I say you have no issue. John.

0 Likes

When you see the CPU run at 100% percent check Resource Monitor via Task Manager and see which apps or programs are running at the time:

Screenshot 2024-07-11 114346.png

It is possible that an app is running some sort of background scan like your Anti-virus program or some other app.

You can enter a Clean Windows Desktop which is the same as running Windows Safe Mode while in Windows desktop to eliminate any 3rd party app causing the problem. It basically disables all 3rd party apps and Startups and just leaves MS apps and startup enabled. Easy to do and undo: How to perform a clean boot in Windows 

Enable the apps that will let you run the games and see if the issue occurs or not. If it doesn't then by the process of elimination start enabling 3rd party apps and startups and see when the issue starts occurring again.

0 Likes