cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

joondez
Adept I

Ryzen 5 5600G not posting

I have no idea what else to do next, really seems like my CPU might be bad?

• Cleared CMOS by unplugging the battery and shorting the two pins

• I used two different motherboards, both after Qflashing. I downloaded the firmwares from the GIGABYTE website, renamed the file to GIGABYTE.bin, plugged it into the motherboards via USB 3.0, turned on PSU, pressed QFLASH, watched for the PSU fan to start spinning, then waited until both the lights and fan turned off

• Monitors are functional, using them now with a different machine, no issue with monitors or cables

• When I turn on, the CPU Cooler fan spins continuously and the PC case light stays on

• Tried using a different PC case as well in case there was an issue with that

• Tried all the different video outputs. Both HDMI and the Displayport

• Don't have a video card to use but the CPU should have video

• Tried seating only one RAM at a time, tried both RAM slots. Nothing plugged in except for MOBO power, ATX 12v, CPU, CPU fan, 1 RAM stick, and front panel connectors

0 Likes
1 Solution

I never heard of that Ram manufacturer before. Seems like they are very cheap compare to other well know RAM Manufacturers but seems to have good reviews.

Went to OLOy Website and they don't have a Memory Finder or anything to find out if it is compatible or not with Ryzen.

But at Newegg in the description it mentions it is compatible with both Ryzen and Intel.

But Ryzen is fairly sensitive to the type of RAM it uses. That is why they have a QVL List that shows all the various RAM Part Numbers that were tested and found to be compatible with the Mobo and and various Processors/APUs.

If possible I would try and acquire some other well known RAM that is compatible with your motherboard and see if your Mobo boots up with one stick of RAM. Just for Troubleshooting purposes.

If not I would open a Support ticket at OLOy and ask them if the RAM could be the reason your computer doesn't boot up from here: https://www.oloymemory.com/contact_us.html

First make sure you connected your PC SPEAKER correctly. If it doesn't Beep then something is wrong with the Speaker or it isn't connected correctly.

The plug from the PC SPEAKER should have two wires on it. One is "+" voltage (Red) and the other is ground SPK "-" (Black) from photos I have seen online.

Make sure the voltage (Red) side is facing up connecting to the VCC pin "+" and the ground (Black) SPK "-" is facing down according to your manual electrical schematic.

Screenshot 2022-10-31 153149.png

You should be able to hear some sort of Beep or Beeps. Put you ear close to the speaker maybe it is low in volume.

NOTE: By the way you don't have to remove your Processor when you update the BIOS. I would leave it in that way BIOS will see the processor while being installed.

Also every time you install BIOS it installs automatically in "Default". But doing a CLEAR CMOS might allow BIOS to recognize the new processor.

Also open a Gigabyte Support ticket but I have a feeling the moment you mention the RAM you have they will say that is the reason why you are having issues.

But I believe it should at least POST or go into BIOS with one stick of RAM even if it isn't 100% compatible. just my opinion.

I read normally defective or Bad RAM would prevent a PC from booting up. Incompatible RAM may not run at its designated speed or you will start having issues rebooting, PC crashing, etc.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
16 Replies

Helps to know the Make & Model of your Motherboard that you are currently using.

1- Have you checked to see you have the correct BIOS Version installed that will support your AMD APU Processor?

Wrong BIOS version that doesn't support your processor and the computer won't boot up.

2- Does your Motherboard CPU SUPPORT LIST show your AMD APU Processor to be compatible?

If it isn't listed then no BIOS Version would support your processor.

3- Remove the side panel and power up your computer. Do you see any Motherboard Trouble LED (CPU, DRAM, GPU, SYSTEM) lit up or Digital code showing? 

If your Mobo doesn't have Trouble LEDs then you need to connect a PC SPEAKER to your motherboard to hear the BEEP Sequences to determine which hardware is having problems from booting up.

4- IF you have the correct BIOS version installed and your Mobo CPU SUPPORT LIST shows your processor than check to make sure your RAM is compatible with your Mobo and processor from the RAM QVL LIst for the 3000 series APU processor.

5- Make sure you have the AUX CPU PWR  or something similar connection connected. It is usually either a 4 pin or 8 pin Power cable from the PSU to the Mobo.

If it isn't connected your PC won't boot up.

0 Likes
joondez
Adept I

• Yes, when I downloaded the firmware from the website, it lists the 5600G as a support CPU: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/A520I-AC-rev-1x/support#support-cpu. I tried Qflashing two different motherboards with their respective updated firmwares and they both don't post
  • Both motherboards I tested (Gigabyte A520I and B550I) did not have any trouble LEDs lighting up
  • I confirmed the RAM is compatible, using PC4-25600 DDR4 DRAM at 3200Mhz, 16GB * 2
  • Confirmed the CPU Power as well as the MOBO powers were hooked up

I even got a new Ryzen 5600G and tested on both motherboards....still won't post. By using replacements I ruled out motherboard, CPU, and PC case. The only replacement I didn't test was the RAM but they are brand new and I tested one stick at a time, in different slots

I am completely, absolutely stumped

0 Likes

Deleted my answer since it wasn't relevant any more since you corrected the CPU Processor Model in your Original Post.

0 Likes

Deleted my answer for the same reason as my previous reply.

0 Likes

Made a mistake, the whole time I've been using two different Ryzen 5600G. It has integrated graphics. I fixed my typos above, apologies

0 Likes

Thanks for the update. That makes more sense.

For your Gigabyte Mobo to recognize and boot up with your APU you need BIOS version F13 installed or newer.

According to Gigabyte Support, BIOS F13 came out on 07/13/2021. So if your Motherboard is older than July 2021 and you haven't updated the BIOS since your purchased the Mobo then you have the incorrect BIOS version installed.

But if you do have BIOS version F13 or newer than your APU is supported.

Downloaded your linked Gigabyte Manual and I see it doesn't come with any type of Trouble LEDs or Digital Codes.

So you are going to have to purchase an inexpensive PC SPEAKER and connect it to your Mobo Speaker port. That way by the sequence of BEEPS you will know which hardware is have issues during POST or when BIOS is testing your Mobo before booting up:

Also make sure your RAM Is listed in your Mobo QVL LIST for the 5000 series APUs or shows being compatible at the RAM Manufacturer website or at AMD RAM List:

0 Likes

Deleted I could find specifically the GIGABYTE AMI BIOS BEEP Codes. Try Gigabyte Support or google the above to see if you can find the correct Beep codes for your Gigabyte Mobo.

0 Likes

• I pulled a motherboard speaker from an old machine and tried using it, but it never gives any beeps or error sounds (it beeps in my old machine). 
  • For my MOBO, I've tried the F15 and F14 bios versions. I made sure to clear CMOS before flashing, but have never been able to post. This is the most annoying thing, because I take out the entire Ryzen CPU and CPU cooler each time I flash bios
  • I never realized there was actually a list for memory support...I checked that list and my memory is not on it. Is it possible this is the reason I can't post? This is the memory I'm using: https://www.newegg.com/oloy-32gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820821503?Item=N82E16820821503

0 Likes

I never heard of that Ram manufacturer before. Seems like they are very cheap compare to other well know RAM Manufacturers but seems to have good reviews.

Went to OLOy Website and they don't have a Memory Finder or anything to find out if it is compatible or not with Ryzen.

But at Newegg in the description it mentions it is compatible with both Ryzen and Intel.

But Ryzen is fairly sensitive to the type of RAM it uses. That is why they have a QVL List that shows all the various RAM Part Numbers that were tested and found to be compatible with the Mobo and and various Processors/APUs.

If possible I would try and acquire some other well known RAM that is compatible with your motherboard and see if your Mobo boots up with one stick of RAM. Just for Troubleshooting purposes.

If not I would open a Support ticket at OLOy and ask them if the RAM could be the reason your computer doesn't boot up from here: https://www.oloymemory.com/contact_us.html

First make sure you connected your PC SPEAKER correctly. If it doesn't Beep then something is wrong with the Speaker or it isn't connected correctly.

The plug from the PC SPEAKER should have two wires on it. One is "+" voltage (Red) and the other is ground SPK "-" (Black) from photos I have seen online.

Make sure the voltage (Red) side is facing up connecting to the VCC pin "+" and the ground (Black) SPK "-" is facing down according to your manual electrical schematic.

You should be able to hear some sort of Beep or Beeps. Put you ear close to the speaker maybe it is low in volume.

NOTE: By the way you don't have to remove your Processor when you update the BIOS. I would leave it in that way BIOS will see the processor while being installed.

Also every time you install BIOS it installs automatically in "Default". But doing a CLEAR CMOS might allow BIOS to recognize the new processor.

Also open a Gigabyte Support ticket but I have a feeling the moment you mention the RAM you have they will say that is the reason why you are having issues.

But I believe it should at least POST or go into BIOS with one stick of RAM even if it isn't 100% compatible. just my opinion.

I read normally defective or Bad RAM would prevent a PC from booting up. Incompatible RAM may not run at its designated speed or you will start having issues rebooting, PC crashing, etc.

0 Likes

This Foreign popular website PANGOLY lists all the Motherboards that are compatible with OLOy RAM for the specific RAM Part number 2x8GB: https://pangoly.com/en/compatibility/oloy-warhawk-rgb-16gb-2x8gb-288-pin-ddr4-3200/motherboard

The above gives you a general idea how popular that RAM is as far as being compatible with motherboards.

NOTE: Pangoly explains about QVL Lists: https://pangoly.com/en/blog/pangoly-officially-supports-qvl-for-ram-compatibility/107

0 Likes

Holy crap you are some kind of genius. It was the RAM. **bleep**, you are the best

Sticking to recommended RAM from now on.

0 Likes

How did you find that out if you don't mind me asking?

BEEP Sequence or did you install a different RAM stick other than OLOy?

Either way happy that you were able to find your problem. Hope you have a better experience from now on.

0 Likes

The MOBO speaker never made any noises. I replaced with a new set of RAM sticks. It started posted immediately after that

0 Likes

Great, thanks for letting me know how you fixed you issue.

I would see if another new PC SPEAKER will work. That will be really useful if something like what happened to you repeats in the future. That way it will tell you if you are having problems with your CPU, DRAM, GPU or SYSTEM through the Beep Sequences.

I would go to Newegg and see if they will refund your money back or if the Return date expired go directly to OLOy Support and RMA for a Refund.

0 Likes

Yup, the MOBO speaker is beeping for each successful POST now. Not sure why it never made a sound earlier, maybe I had it the wrong way

Going through the refund process for the RAM since it was not compatible with my Ryzen as it was marketed

This is my first AMD build, never encountered such RAM “pickiness” but it was a good lesson learned. Will always check QVL from now on. Thanks!!

Hopefully OLOy won't give you a hard time getting a refund instead of trying to get you to get another RAM Part number instead.

OLOy doesn't even have a Warranty on its website. Red Flag.

If your going through Newegg then you will have a better chance of getting a Refund.

Good to hear your PC Speaker is now working. That will be a valuable Troubleshooting tool in the future.

Well have fun,

Take care.

0 Likes