cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

favabb_
Adept I

Ryzen 5 5600 with +90°C temperatures

Hi, im here searching for some help to solve this problem. My Ryzen 5 5600 with stock fan is getting +90°C while gaming or stressing de cpu with programs like CPU-Z. If i use the browser or common programs the temp is 50-60 °C. Please tell me if this is normal, considering that this is the first day im using it (its brand new) and config the fan speed to the limit, close to 2600rpm.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Thanks, favabb_, I do not think it is the PSU. The stock AMD coolers are well known for poor performance. I would suggest a better one. I moved to AIO liquid coolers even before Ryzen and have never been disappointed. I do not know what your ultimate goal is and we may need to do some tweaking even after a new cooler. Constant 90C is not a good idea although AMD supports it but it leaves no headroom. I use Google translate and it seems to do a good job for me. Thanks and enjoy.

I suspect this is against Forum rules but here is a one time translation from Google as an example:

Gracias, favabb_, no creo que sea la PSU. Los enfriadores AMD de serie son bien conocidos por su bajo rendimiento. Sugeriría uno mejor. Me mudé a los refrigeradores líquidos AIO incluso antes de Ryzen y nunca me han decepcionado. No sé cuál es su objetivo final y es posible que tengamos que hacer algunos ajustes incluso después de un nuevo enfriador. 90C constante no es una buena idea, aunque AMD lo admite, pero no deja espacio para la cabeza. Uso el traductor de Google y parece hacer un buen trabajo para mí. Gracias y disfruta

View solution in original post

14 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

favabb_, your maximum temperature is 90C. Please post information of all your components. Did you remove the plastic protection from the heat sink and use a good thermal paste? Make sure the cooler is mounted tight. Please posts SSs of Ryzen Master (RM) both Basic view and Advanced view while running Cinebench R23. Post only RM SSs and do not cut off top, bottom or sides. Thanks and enjoy, John.

Help me pls

0 Likes
favabb_
Adept I

Hi, John. Thank you for answer me.
The cooler is mounted fine, but i didnt find the plastic protection anywhere. I used the stock thermal paste that it has on it.

Components:

Ryzen 5 5600

Asus Prime B450-A CSM

2x8gb Teamgroup 3200mhz DDR4

RX 570 4gb

TC ARMY ATX-500W 80plus bronze

256gb ssd m.2 Kioxia / 1tb hdd Seagate / 1tb hdd Toshiba

I will be waiting for your answer. Thank you.

Captura de pantalla (27).pngCaptura de pantalla (31).png Here ir the result Captura de pantalla (33).png

0 Likes

favabb_, most heat sinks come with a thin plastic sheet sticking to the surface to protect it and if you do not remove it, the cooler does not work well. It certainly looks like your cooler is not working well. What is the cooler and how many watts is it rated for? In the future please post only RM SSs. CB and your desktop just make it harder to see RM. Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Thank you for answering, John. 
Searched but didn't find the plastic sheet, i think that this kind of coolers don't have it. Its the stock one, a Wraith Stealth (65 watts). When mounted it, i noticed that it does a noise but i dont know if it is normal or its the cause of the heat (only hear it when i open the computer case). Anyways i tried to use an older cooler (the stock of Ryzen 3 3200) that has less RPM and the same dimentions, but the results are quite the same.

I will keep in mind what you say about de SSs, tell me if you need more to find out whats happening.

0 Likes

favabb_, I think you have hit the limit of your current system as configured. For sure a better cooler will help, but I do not know if that will get where you want to be. Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

John, i dont understand what do you mean with the limit of my current system. Are you talking about the power supply? Sorry, i speak spanish and its difficult to me.
I dont know if its better to refund the cpu and try to get a new one, or if its better to just get a better cooler.
Thanks for the patience.

0 Likes

Thanks, favabb_, I do not think it is the PSU. The stock AMD coolers are well known for poor performance. I would suggest a better one. I moved to AIO liquid coolers even before Ryzen and have never been disappointed. I do not know what your ultimate goal is and we may need to do some tweaking even after a new cooler. Constant 90C is not a good idea although AMD supports it but it leaves no headroom. I use Google translate and it seems to do a good job for me. Thanks and enjoy.

I suspect this is against Forum rules but here is a one time translation from Google as an example:

Gracias, favabb_, no creo que sea la PSU. Los enfriadores AMD de serie son bien conocidos por su bajo rendimiento. Sugeriría uno mejor. Me mudé a los refrigeradores líquidos AIO incluso antes de Ryzen y nunca me han decepcionado. No sé cuál es su objetivo final y es posible que tengamos que hacer algunos ajustes incluso después de un nuevo enfriador. 90C constante no es una buena idea, aunque AMD lo admite, pero no deja espacio para la cabeza. Uso el traductor de Google y parece hacer un buen trabajo para mí. Gracias y disfruta

Hi, John, and thank you again. I apreciate your help. Im strongly considering just get a better cooler, but my concern is if the cpu itself its running how it is expected. The results in Cinebench are ok, right? Because if they are, i'm quitting the idea of refund the cpu and get a new one but same model.
My goal its to use the pc for studing and gaming. What kind of tweakings you recommend me to do? I want to have a good and safe performance.
Thanks again, i will be waiting.

0 Likes

favabb, see here for Cinebench R23 scores. For the 5600 it was 10,953, a little better than yours, but we do not know the conditions. With a good cooler your score will probable be higher. I am not an OCer, but you might try Auto OC in RM Basic view. I believe this is PBO. Let me know what you learn. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes
NTurnbullJr
Adept II

I'd say MisterJ is right about trying a better cooler. I have a newly built 5600G with the stock Wraith cooler like yours. At idle, my CPU temp is 35 degrees C. When I ran Cinebench, the temp had gotten up to 89 C near the end of the second pass and I stopped it. I normally run MSFS 2020 and the temp stays around 65 C. From my testing, if I played more intensive games, I would definitely have to follow MisterJ's advice and upgrade my CPU cooler. Best wishes in your troubleshooting.

Thanks to both. I searched more and find that a lot of users were complaining about the stock cooler of this CPU. Finally i bought a new cooler, the Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 and the temperatures decreased a lot. Set my BIOS to the default and plugged it, now under load in Cinebench the temperature its 72ºC (the CB score increased) and idle its 35-40ºC.
Wraith Stealth can't handle intensive games, like you said. Its just for basic pc use or undemanding games.

Thanks again and have a great day, 
NTurnbullJr and misterj.

hampusamd48
Journeyman III

I had the same thing from the beginning of the computer and I had to replace the fan, the temperature reached up to 100C, I replaced it with better cooling and it is already 60-65 in games at medium settings.

That's awesome. What product(s) did you use for your cooling solution?

0 Likes