cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

Vikluvin
Journeyman III

New msi A320m pro: 1 long beep 2 short beeps

Hi guys, grateful for your help, it's been awhile since I've built a computer.

I just got my new msi a320m Pro motherboard, got new ram (1 x 16 gb 3200 ddr4) with Ryzen 7 1700, nvidia quadro 5000 graphics. turned on the good ol' power button and am just hearing 1 long beep followed by 2 short beeps no matter what I do. My research on the internet hasn't gotten me anywhere yet. Reaching out to MSI got me an odd response about graphics without explaining the error or issue.
With ryzen 7 1700 i shouldn't need to update the bios because it's 1st generation.

Can't say I'm 100% sure but the beep code might be connected to RAM (or graphics) but it's not clear from Google. Even then, what could possibly be the issue?

Took out the CMOS battery just in case to avoid "caching".

Anyone know what thus beep code/issue is?
0 Likes
2 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

Vikuvin, I cannot find your beep code. It should be in your MB manual. Your processor does not have an iGPU and requires a video card. Where is your monitor plugged in? Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

This tech site give the MSI Motherboard Beep codes: https://bestofmotherboard.com/motherboard-beep-codes-msi/

Screenshot 2023-01-13 143510.png

There are different type of BIOS developers. But most likely you have to one that corresponds to the above Beep codes.

BIOS is telling you that you have an issue with either your GPU card or your Monitor.

0 Likes