cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

Koyote7667
Challenger

Reboot to windows. Not sure where to put this topic.

Ever since my change to the 7800x3d, at times, it will just reboot/repost to windows sign in screen.  Every time its happened, (this last one, maybe makes the 10th time) and this just happened again, trying to write this post/topic. 

The first time, i was watching a twitch streamer, and went to reply in the comment/post a message in the stream chat, and mid typing, it just rebooted, right to windows log in. No errors, nothing. Its happened on a youtube chat log also. Mid sentence, it just reboots to windows log in. Zero erros, zero anything. Super odd. Its never crashed during gaming sessions nor any cinebench or other benchmarks. 

The only time (and it just happened when i first tried to make this thread) it does this, ... is when I'm replying, or making a response to a thread???? Its done it at expo disabled (at first) expo on , and getting 6200mhz to run. But again, it did it running at 4800mhz.  (everything I've seen usually issue wise, is memory). 
I'm a bit at a loss, and while it doesn't do it daily, it is doing it. Again, it rebooted/reposted 5 words into tying to write this. So odd. And I'm a bit clueless as to why ?

Is anyone else seeing this odd behavior ??????  Again, zero issues during a 5 hour gamming sesh,... its only done it while replying/posting on a board. Like here, twitch, youtube. SUUUPPPERRRR odd. 

Ill try and get a vid. And again, zero error's. It just mid sentence, reposts to windows log in screen. Doesn't jump to bios, or anything. Super odd. 

TIA for your time.

KB

15 Replies

Did you do a fresh windows reinstall after swapping in the processor?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

No, i didn't. Jesus, do i need to doing a simple cpu swap?  Its odd you bring up windows, as the 3 people i know and trust, did say "i bet its a windows thing". Its just so odd, that i ran a 7600x at first (around November when i got this, swapped to a 7950x, around end of December, and there was no issue like this, then swapped to the 3d chip 2 days after it launched, and this crept up, just after the 3d chip went in)

Just such a odd thing, and the only issue ive had with this build since it got going. There was the ddr5 memory stuff here and there, but for me, thats been solved. Running at 6200 now, reliable as balls. (This issue was before i even swapped speeds, so, that isnt the "thing". Thanks mate. If it really persists, ill try that. 

0 Likes

I was going by the AMD blog set up guide on the 79xxX3d, recommending a fresh install of OS.

Although some of those instructions probably don't apply to the 7800X3D.

Maybe a 'USB repair install' will suffice if needed?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

I guess that's the thing to do. Im talking to those much smarter, and having much more time with pc's than I. This is my first pc since 2002 ish. Its been **bleep**ing great. I gotta be honest. I've loved it. This is the ONLY odd issue I've had. I'm thinking about just doing a wipe, and reinstalling windows. Bout the only thing that makes **bleep** sense. 

0 Likes
Koyote7667
Challenger

@asus this, is complete bull**bleep**  And you know it  from a long time **bleep** riding ASUS fan, to ROG nut rider,… this, this IS WRONG  PERIOD  Get your **bleep** together and actually help people instead of bind them  Jesus Christ  

IMG_1322.jpeg

0 Likes
ThreeDee
Paragon

What power supply make/model?

What make/model RAM kit? Are they Hynix, Samsung or Micron? (CPU-Z>SPD tab)

Is your motherboard's BIOS up to date?

Have you looked at your system's Event Viewer? Does it even show an unexpected reboot type error? (you said there were no errors)

Do you have the latest AM5 chipset drivers installed from AMD.com?

Is this a clean install of Windows since moving to AM5 hardware?

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

Seasonic Titanium 1000 prime

Gskill 6000 cl30 EDIT- hynix- i can run 6200 expo 1 no issues at all. And as said above, ive even "slowed" it down, and its done it (5800, 6000) , even no expo on and ive had it happen. 

Yes, on all 5 they pooped out since

No

Yes

I havent done a fresh windows install, and maybe i need to. 

Again, this has never happened, running my 7950x, Only when i went to this cpu (7800x3d) so i doubt psu is involved, not to mention, the one i have is a beast. 

Bios updates, it happened on the first one they had for the new chip install, and everyone after that. I was late on chip set drivers. So, when i saw that, i was giddy thinking, "hell yes, this has to be it". Nope. Still has happened on the new new. 

edit- for trhe "since moving to am5,.. "  Ive only ever been on am5. This build was done in November, only being am5. But i havent done a fresh windows install since maybe January. And that was for a completely different issue. 

I guess its time to do a clean windows install. Its so odd, its never done it gaming. Or when running any cinebench test or game bench marks. Ill just be watching a youtube vid, or twitch streamer, or, again, when i was typing this out for the first time (this thread/post) it just rebooted to windows log in. Just rebooted/restarted, went to my log in screen, and nothing else. I put my password in, and im back at it. I just dont understand this issue at all. Im loving the performance of the rig, but, since swapping in this cpu, its done this odd thing. Not every day, but ive had it happen 3 times in one day,... all while replying to a thread, starting one, or a chat. So **bleep** odd. 

KB

0 Likes
Koyote7667
Challenger

thumbnail_IMG-1254.jpg

So, using the "x3d  profile" in bios, is what is causing this. Removed it, and its been fine for over a week now. Guess its another **bleep** show from asus. 

0 Likes
Koyote7667
Challenger

Here, you can see the different speeds. But, its not stable... at all.Here, you can see the different speeds. But, its not stable... at all.

0 Likes
Koyote7667
Challenger

I have it running up to 4.35 pictures also (score was 19188) But it is NOT stable. Not even close enough for me. So, why even have it in the bios? Meh... rig is running like a top now, no, not as fast, but, hasnt done the "reboot to windows log in" randomly in over a week and change. 
Cheers

KB

0 Likes
ducanhle94
Journeyman III

My laptop powered by 6800H did the same things but truely random (when watching youtube, at the middle of a game, calling discord...)

No dump file (I unchecked the automatic restart), no error in event viewer except the "kernel 41" and "event log 6008".

It's really weird.

Yerp. Super super odd. I could run 47 cinebench runs, game benchmarks, and all was fine. Go to like, comment on something, or change a tab, and bang,... just reboot to windows. I never did it in game, but, i also dont play for hours on end. Super super odd. Removing the "profile" and it has not done it in weeks now. So, i guess thats just not the play. Still, i love the performance of this rig. But, i dont get why asus, would have broken **bleep**, you can use lol.  Well,...... after the past few weeks, i guess its all up in the air. 

KB

0 Likes

Does it happen only when pc is idle? If so, I saw a post before saying "...need to find a driver for the Asmedia 106x SATA controller AND turn on/enable HIPM for AHCI power link management..."

Driver caused BSOD due to a Asmedia SATA controller not waking up from sleep. Original driver came with motherboard is bad.

0 Likes

Nope. Several screens going, youtube, twitch, what have you. Id go to reply to a comment section, or chat, it even happened when i was writing one of these comments on this site, it would just "reboot".  It never happened in game or anything, just doing normal day to day stuff, and when id comment on something, boom, reboot. Its been dead bang solid since. Cinebench scores are like 4-500 down, and thats fine with me, im still netting good to great scores (18700) all day, so, meh..... is what it is. 

0 Likes
TomBoy
Adept II

I have the same issue on two ASRock Taichi Carrara motherboards.

0 Likes