cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

amdcpu
Adept I

upgraded 1800x to 5700x - nothing works at all anymore. mobo gigabyte ax370 gaming 5

hello,

my system worked with the 1800x fine. Ram ran only on 2133mhz - if I tried to but it on 3200mhz (as my ram are able to run and mobo should support) my bios resets itself. when i update bios again and run ram again at 2133mhz and i change my cpu from 1800x to 5700x I get error code 0d - even after a few minutes nothing changes - fans go high but no signal on screen at all. not even bios. i also tried older bios versions. i tried resetting cmos (taking out battery for several min - my clock was completely wrong afterwards)

same setup with the 1800x works okayish. same with 5700x not at all?

Any ideas what i could try?

my specs are

motherboard: gigabyte ax370 gaming 5 / latest bios F51h

CPU: 1800x / 5700x

GPU: nvidia 2070 Super

Ram: Corsair LPX 2x16gb, 3200mhz

0 Likes
4 Replies
Angeluk
Challenger

Hello,

Try F41 Bios version, the version with letter in the end are beta versions. Weird that the last final version bios is from 2019. I had gigabyte gaming x x570 and i had problems with bios too. also try not to use xmp profiles.

0 Likes

Thank you for your input. I figured out, that i can run it at 3133 instead of 3200 mhz. I keep it just like that, bevor something breaks again

0 Likes
johnnyenglish
Big Boss

0D memory traning error and I agree. Had so many problems with that memory kit....

Had to tweak a lot to get the 3200

Have you inserted them in the right slots? Normally its the 1st and 3rd away from the CPU.

Reset CMOS with the jumper and then do a reset to defaults. I would also power cycle, unplug the system for 5min or so. 

Good luck 

https://youtube.com/shorts/9lRgSxhq-R8?feature=share 

The Englishman
0 Likes

i tried that all.

Thank you for your input. I figured out, that i can run it at 3133 instead of 3200 mhz. I keep it just like that, bevor something breaks again