cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

Baterka
Journeyman III

R7 7700 Micro stutters (lags), hickups, very low 1% and 0.1% avg fps in almost all games

From day I upgraded my old platform (Intel i7-8700, B360, 4x8GB DDR4 2666Mhz) to the Ryzen platform rocking R7 7700, Asus B650E-E, 2x16GB G.Skill 6000Mhz CL30 I am experiencing micro stutters (lags), hickups and very low 1% and 0.1% avg fps in almost all games I tested.
Upgrade was done only on CPU, MB and RAM. GPU is MSI GTX 1070Ti, PSU Seasonic Focus Plus 550W, drive SSD Samsung EVO 970.

What exactly is hapenning?
I tested it in few games. Basically in all of them, I see micro stutters on MSI Afterburner OSD graph of frametime and in 1% and 0.1% average framerate.
For example in Minecraft, Rust and PUBG I was observing spikes in graph each few seconds. No matter if I was moving or not. 1% lows were always less than half of avg fps, 0.1% lows were always around 12-30fps.
There is one game, CS:GO, where I am observing same problem, but I found out that if I am not moving and not clicking on keyboard or mouse there are no spikes. If I for example stay still for 30 seconds, no spike, then spike appers in instant I click e.g. "W" on keyboard. If I am moving normally I get spikes every 3 - 5 seconds. CS:GO seems to be only game from those I tested that is dependent on the keyboard/mouse input. Other games have spikes regularily even when idling.
Just for information, I was testing this on 60Hz monitor without Freesync, on 165Hz gaming monitor with freesync enabled and disabled. Problem is same on all of those.

• I ofc have fully updated Win 11, Nvidia drivers, Chipset drivers, board drivers
  • I have Core Isolation disabled and I was running the tests without any background programs running
  • I do not have Armoury Crate or any other board bloadware
What I tried to get rid of the problem?
  • Disabling EXPO, Enabling Expo I, II, Tweaked
  • I tested with and without Logitech G Hub installed (I have G610 keyboard and G403 mouse)
  • I tested with 3 different mouse keyboard combinations (different brands)
  • I tested with Freesync (gsync), without freesync (gsync), with different framerates on monitor
  • I tested with and without framecaps in all games.
  • I tested with different GPU in system (RX 6800)

I am starting to worry that CPU and/or MB and/or RAM might be defective.Anyone here have similar problems or have any idea how to debug the problem more to find a solution?
0 Likes
0 Replies