cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

Doctorpop
Journeyman III

Question about RMA service for 5800x3d

I purchased a 5800x3d from Amazon a few months ago and it has part number 100-000000651 instead of 100-100000651WOF, when I was filling the form for RMA I didn't realize the difference between boxed and OEM part numbers so when I was filling out the RMA form and my part number didn't show up as an available choice I googled the part number for the CPU and put 100-100000651WOF since that was an option. My processor was received from Amazon new in box (a boxed retail processor) but it has an OEM/tray part number. AMD has already approved my RMA with how I filled it out but I'm worried it won't go well because the part number doesn't match. Anyone have experience with this?

3 Replies
shagz7
Journeyman III

I just ran into this same issue with my 5800x3d. Searched for the part number and came up with nothing. Since their phone support is closed for the weekend hoping you might see this and reply with your experience. Stinks that we buy these things brand new in the box and get non-standard parts. Hoping you will say your RMA got processed so I can have some confidence going into this. TIA!

0 Likes

Yes! They came back and said my serial number was registered I'm the system as a processor in box and not to worry about it, sent in RMA and was processed normally! Shouldn't have any issues on your end!

Excellent. Thanks for the info!

0 Likes