cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

vasil17
Journeyman III

Processor overclock issue....

Hello guys! I have a problem with ryzen master.....
So the problem is when I make an overclock like 3700mhz and 1.325 voltage its just return to its stock speed to 3200mhz and stays like that until I restart the pc....
I have the latest chipset drivers, latest GPU drivers, latest bios, even changed the Motherboard before like a month ago and the problem is still here...
this is my PC
Ryzen 5 1600AF 
Asrock b450 Steel Legend 
Corsair veangence rgb pro 2x8GB 3200mhz
GTX 1070 8GB OC
Arctic Freezer 34 duo
Be Quiet 650W 80 plus bronze

0 Likes
7 Replies
vasil17
Journeyman III

And not only this overclock 3700mhz and 1.325 voltage is bugging, every other overclock is bugging....
Only works in bios....and I know u will be like "Bro just make it through the bios" I know I can through the bios but I want to make it from the ryzen master and to test if its a bad overclock...

0 Likes

vasil17, your video gives an error, suggest you test it. We need some screenshots of Ryzen Master (RM). Also please submit a report via Bug Report Tool (funny icon upper right corner of RM. Your processor is known to AMD as 1600 (AF). Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

as u can see when I press apply it starts to go above 3.475ghz and it drops to 3.2ghz

Screenshot 2024-02-21 121433.pngScreenshot 2024-02-21 121447.pngScreenshot 2024-02-21 121506.png

0 Likes

Thanks, vasil17. I am not an over clocker so it is hard to comment. In your first screenshot, notice the RED numbers in EDC. This means the processor is throttling. You can increase the limits. You realize over clocking voids your processor warranty. Please check your Ryzen Master manual, but you may need to be in PBO mode to adjust the limits. The absolute limit for EDC is 200 Amperes. I suggest you start much lower. Increasing this may well lead to instability and crashes. Good luck and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Bro do you have discord or idk something where we can talk or chat I don't know how to increase the limits and also my cpu don't support PBO or I can't find the option...
If u have discord pls add me my name is Asaurus

0 Likes

vasil17, have you seen this article? As I said before I am not an OCer, so I cannot offer specific suggestions. Hopefully an OCer will respond and help you. Is there any way to increase the limits via BIOS? Good luck, John.

EDIT: At the top on the article I referred to above is the author's contact info. Please try it for some experienced advice.

0 Likes

Your Ryzen 1600AF is actually a Ryzen 2600 processor:

But what is this Ryzen 5 1600 AF?

Late last year a mysterious Ryzen 5 1600 refresh made it to market. Bizarrely, AMD released a really cheap version of the Ryzen 5 2600, but just called it the Ryzen 5 1600. Known as the "Ryzen 5 1600 AF" because of the box identification, it's very different to the original Ryzen 5 1600 AE model. Forget about the name, this is a 2nd-gen Ryzen part. Essentially it's an R5 2600 with a slight decrease in clock speed. Apparently AMD didn't have enough 14nm wafers available to keep producing the R5 1600, so they simply shifted it to the 12nm process and now they're making a version of the R5 2600 that they call the R5 1600.

The best way to overclock a CPU is through BIOS and not using Ryzen Master which is not only my opinion but most people who are knowledgeable about overclocking processors.  When overclocking through BIOS it should stay overclocked until your change the overclocking parameters again or you mis-configured the overclocking and BIOS reset it back to default.

Here are three previous threads where Users opened a thread about overclocking the Ryzen 1600AF. Some offers information settings for overclocking the processor:

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/i-have-a-ryzen-5-1600-af-i-want-to-overclock-it-to-3-750-ghz...

https://www.reddit.com/r/overclocking/comments/qicgld/ryzen_5_1600af_overclock/

https://linustechtips.com/topic/1425443-ryzen-5-1600-af-stable-overclock/    (This link in the thread has a YouTube video on how to overclock a Ryzen 2600 (1600AF)  from 2022.

NOTE: If you want to test the stability of your overclocking then use a Stress testing program like OCCT or Prime95 as an example. Ryzen Master is great to get all types of information about your processor and motherboard capabilities and to monitor your processor but for overclocking Ryzen Master is second best choice due to the issues you are having.

Make sure your CPU Cooler is strong enough to prevent your overclocked processor from overheating. Stress testing will verify your CPU Cooler effectiveness.