cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

ChildishBrandino
Journeyman III

Is it normal for my cpu to have an idle temp 60 °C ?

I recently upgraded my setup, switched from Intel to AMD, and got myself the Ryzen 7 7800x3d. However, I noticed my idle temps are significantly higher than what I was getting on my intel CPU and was wondering if this is something I should be worried about. 

When I am gaming the temps typically range from 60 to 73 degrees so only a slight increase from what its at when its idle.

0 Likes
6 Replies
FunkZ
Grandmaster

That's high for "idle" temp, are you certain there's no processes running?

Post a screenshot of Ryzen Master Advanced View.

What CPU cooler are you using?

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
Ryzen R7 5700G | B550 Gaming X | 2x8GB G.Skill 4000 | Radeon Vega 8 IGP
Ryzen R5 5600 | B550 Gaming Edge | 4x8GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 6800XT
0 Likes

My CPU cooler is a NZXT Kraken 240. 

Since getting Ryzen Master I can see that the NZXT Cam shows a different temp compared to Ryzen master, as you can see here. ryzen maser2.pngnzxtcam.png

0 Likes

ChildishBrandino, I recommend you uninstall all software from your MB vendor. John.

0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

ChildishBrandino, what is your ambient temperature? Please remember that AMD and Intel are two companies who design their processors without collaboration. Surely Intel measures the temperature by a different method than AMD. Comparing the two is a fools game. The maximum temperature for the 7800X3D is 89C and AMD says it is fine to run constantly very close to this value. Please list all your parts. John.

2DEZstb
Adept III

yes, everything is normal...it can even be a little higher, depending on the ambient temperature, PC case (number of fans, type of mounting, airflow), CPU cooler (thermal paste)...and you don't even need Ryzen Master software.

greetings

0 Likes
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

Ambient temperature is important because I normally idle around 60C on my 7800X3D PC. My ambient temperature where I live is between 28C and 30C. My gaming temps hover in the high 70s and sometimes low 80s depending on how hard I'm pushing the system. Keep in mind that these CPUs are made to run near TJMax. As long as you aren't thermal throttling, I wouldn't worry a ton. 73C for gaming is totally fine.

Ryzen 7800X3D - Radeon 7900XT - MSI Tomahawk X670e MB - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - Seasonic Focus V3 GX-1000W PSU - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
0 Likes