Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

CozMick
Adept I

Is 128.2c even possible on a 5900x?

unknown_2023.06.21-21.00.png

This was for a split second during the opening of 3dmark. My PC didn't shutdown with no throttling and my temperatures are usually well within spec. (35c idle / 75c gaming)

A reading error perhaps from hwinfo64?

This is a stock 5900x, all bios settings are from my crosshair VIIIs default settings.

0 Likes
1 Reply

At that temperature your PC would have shut down quickly since the Maximum Operating Temperature for your processor is 90c. But since it was for a split second it wouldn't have enough time to shut down, in my opinion.

I would go with Ryzen Master to check your Processor's temperatures and see if it also shows the same high temp.

Also since everything else checks good from the image your posted I doubt it is a CPU Cooler issue.

Personally it might be a glitch in the monitoring software or the CPU/Motherboard Temperature Sensor may be having problems at first.

Try using a different stress testing software. I, personally, like using OCCT which has 3 general tests - CPU, GPU, & PSU and see it is also shows the same Maximum Temp as the one you are using to verify if it is the software or hardware issue.