cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

Thunderkraft
Journeyman III

How to find the Vcore option in my motherboard's bios?

Hello everybody , i hope this is the correct place to write about my problem .  I've assembled my second pc , this time a full amd rig,  cpu ryzen7 7800x3d, motherboard ''Asrock x670e Taichi'' , gpu  rx7900xtx Sapphire, and gskill ram which i expoed until 6000mhz and 30 cas latency. I've enabled the PBO  ( motherboard limits) first and then started to undervolt all cores  using the curve optimizer , benchmarking everytime  i've applied a negative offset, with prime95 for 1 hour and cinebench 23. I've hit the so called ''wall'' to -27 mV and now i 've read that they also  undervolt the Vcore. So i would like to undervolt the Vcore using the same technique. My desperation comes from the fact that i can't find any ''Vcore'' option  or VDDCR_cpu  in my bios. Gently, can someone tell me if i 've did a good thing and 

1) How can i find this Vcore option in my bios?

2) A guy on group told me this ''But you should not undervolt with a fixed Vcore, because that is how you lose efficiency. If you want better temp, limit tjmax and set PBO to negative instead of positive.''. But i 've read  on various guides that a a person can undervolt the Vcore to obtain a temperature reduction and an improvement in performance. 

I hope you can help me  because i am at my wits end and this is the first ''experiment'' i did  on my pc. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
FunkZ
Grandmaster

@Thunderkraft wrote:

2) A guy on group told me this ''But you should not undervolt with a fixed Vcore, because that is how you lose efficiency. If you want better temp, limit tjmax and set PBO to negative instead of positive.''. But i 've read  on various guides that a a person can undervolt the Vcore to obtain a temperature reduction and an improvement in performance. 

There's two ways to undervolt the processor.

The old way is to manually set a reduced vCore value, as you are asking.

The new way is to set a negative Curve Optimizer value, as you have already done.

As you state, you've reached the maximum stable negative core voltage at -27 CO. (I would back this off slightly, such as -25, unless you're comfortable with being on the edge of stable)

There's nothing else to do, voltage wise. Congrats!

(note you can also reduce power or thermal limits, but this will also reduce performance)

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
Ryzen R7 5700G | B550 Gaming X | 2x8GB G.Skill 4000 | Radeon Vega 8 IGP
Ryzen R5 5600 | B550 Gaming Edge | 4x8GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 6800XT

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
FunkZ
Grandmaster

@Thunderkraft wrote:

There's two ways to undervolt the processor.

The old way is to manually set a reduced vCore value, as you are asking.

The new way is to set a negative Curve Optimizer value, as you have already done.

As you state, you've reached the maximum stable negative core voltage at -27 CO. (I would back this off slightly, such as -25, unless you're comfortable with being on the edge of stable)

There's nothing else to do, voltage wise. Congrats!

(note you can also reduce power or thermal limits, but this will also reduce performance)

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
Ryzen R7 5700G | B550 Gaming X | 2x8GB G.Skill 4000 | Radeon Vega 8 IGP
Ryzen R5 5600 | B550 Gaming Edge | 4x8GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 6800XT
0 Likes
Thunderkraft
Journeyman III

Thank you sir!  Appreciated   , thank you. I think that pbo + undervolt via curve optimizer is a good way in between . Thank you