msi b650 tomahawk wifi
4070ti
ADATA XPG Lancer 64 gb

AIO DEEPCOOL LT520 WH

latest ryzen master
latest windows 11
stock bios

problem explanation:

at random times I notice that the fans in the computer stop spinning faster or slower regardless of load, they are constant.

At such times AIDA shows a constant CPU temperature, flat. only a reboot helps. In ryzen master everything seems fine.
it bothers me because the processor can't produce maximum load under such conditions and in general the computer runs louder than usual.

None of the fans are running faster or slower, I doubt the problem is with the connection.

what I've already done:
-updated bios
-reset bios to default settings
-turned Smart Fan on and off
-updated processor drivers
-changed power consumption modes, in eco it happens less often, now i run high performance
-Started from safe mode, I didn't encounter any problems there
-checked for viruses

set different power saving modes, and here I need to explain in more detail:
at 0% minimum CPU utilization this happens often, at 5-10 less often, anything beyond that has no effect.

Once I found the computer in this state again and reset the maximum utilization from 100 to 99 and it was fixed, but cpu was working very slow.
it worked only once, other times it didn't help.

The problem is that I can't reinstall the system now for tests, I need it for work and it will cause a lot of problems, and I don't see the point in it because windows is new.

screenshots:
the problem in idle:

huzhebitnemozhet_0-1723484360561.png

huzhebitnemozhet_2-1723484402063.png

huzhebitnemozhet_3-1723484410005.png

huzhebitnemozhet_4-1723484435957.png

huzhebitnemozhet_5-1723484444383.png

the problem in AIDA stress test:

huzhebitnemozhet_6-1723484483511.pnghuzhebitnemozhet_7-1723484491569.png

huzhebitnemozhet_8-1723484504071.png

huzhebitnemozhet_9-1723484511048.pnghuzhebitnemozhet_10-1723484526983.pnghuzhebitnemozhet_11-1723484531356.png

after a reboot:

huzhebitnemozhet_12-1723484552429.pnghuzhebitnemozhet_13-1723484562282.png

huzhebitnemozhet_14-1723484568649.png

0 Likes
3 Solutions
johnnyenglish
Big Boss

If a reboot solves the issue then it could be the OS itself.

I would open command with admin and Run the DISM first then SFC after as a troubleshooting step, may not fix it but its worth a shot.

Heres the link from Microsoft Support.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/using-system-file-checker-in-windows-365e0031-36b1-6031-... 

The Englishman

View solution in original post

I haven't seen any problems for a week now, I assume that disabling “system optimization” helped, thanks to all who replied

0 Likes

huzhebitnemozhet, maybe this is a warning to all NOT to run third party software without thoroughly vetting it. John.,

0 Likes
19 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

huzhebitnemozhet, first I recommend you remove all applications from your MB vendor and any other utilities that claim to increase your performance and post a complete image of Ryzen Master (RM) running Cinebench R24 running Mulitcore after doing a Clear CMOS and reboot. John.

0 Likes

I found that MSI center can manage power in the background and it is not visible in Task Manager, I uninstalled it

I'll write back if the problem is fixed.

huzhebitnemozhet_0-1723486468550.png

0 Likes

accidentally clicked "accept as a solution", i will post results here anyway

UPD
https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?threads/serious-issue-with-msi-center-2-0-24-0.389034/

0 Likes

huzhebitnemozhet. The simple solution is do not run any MB vendor software. I have seen multiple examples of this with various MB vendors. I suggest getting ONLY BIOS from the MB vendor. John.

The problem disappeared after uninstalling MSI center, the computer became quieter and CPU temperatures became lower, I will close the thread for now, I will post if it appears again

thanks misterj

a few days everything was fine and i got it again, any ideas how to fix it?

huzhebitnemozhet_0-1723991527377.png

0 Likes

huzhebitnemozhet, exactly what are you complaining about? Got what? Is any MB software installed and have you done a Clear CMOS? John.

got "the same cooling fans speed regardless of load" state

i uninstalled everything from my MB vendor, but I didn't do CMOS because I thought the problem was fixed

huzhebitnemozhet, I seriously doubt it is an OS problem. As far as I know fan speed in most MBs is controlled by the BIOS, so do a Clear CMOS and if that does not resolve it, ask your MB vendor. John.

thank you, will try

johnnyenglish
Big Boss

If a reboot solves the issue then it could be the OS itself.

I would open command with admin and Run the DISM first then SFC after as a troubleshooting step, may not fix it but its worth a shot.

Heres the link from Microsoft Support.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/using-system-file-checker-in-windows-365e0031-36b1-6031-... 

The Englishman

will give it a try, thanks

johnnyenglish
Big Boss

After another look at your post, if it doesn't happen in safe mode at all, then the hardware should be fine on its own. I would test safe mode a little bit more to eliminate hardware issue.

@huzhebitnemozhet wrote:

-Started from safe mode, I didn't encounter any problems there

The Englishman

it's completely random, for over a month now I've been trying to trace a pattern, but no luck.

I think the problem is in the system, maybe during the first startup of Windows I installed some unnecessary drivers that I was advised to install.

I remembered that I used the “optimizer” program to turn off useless features in windows (I'm sure of what I'm doing and I didn't touch any important elements, I've done it on every pc and never had a problem), returned a couple of checkboxes that can affect the responsiveness of the system, and haven't encountered any problems so far, or maybe I'm just lucky again and that's not the problem.

https://github.com/hellzerg/optimizer

the only checkbox that is responsible for system performance, disabled it

huzhebitnemozhet_0-1724109828322.png

I'll run more tests on your advice, thanks.

0 Likes

I haven't seen any problems for a week now, I assume that disabling “system optimization” helped, thanks to all who replied

0 Likes

huzhebitnemozhet, what is “system optimization” ? John.

0 Likes

look at what I wrote above on Monday

0 Likes

huzhebitnemozhet, maybe this is a warning to all NOT to run third party software without thoroughly vetting it. John.,

0 Likes

you're right

0 Likes