Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

markadewet
Journeyman III

Display issues with Ryzen 5 2400G

Good day,

Let me start off by stating that I am a fisrt-time AMD user, so my terminology may not be perfect.

OK, So I have an AMD Ryzen 5 2400G on an Asrock A320M-HDV R4.0 M/B, with 16GB RAM

Adrenaline Edition Version: 24.9.1

My problem is that I am trying to play a game called STALKERSOUP and every time I go into the game, I can play for about 5-10 minutes and then it crashes and AMD's Bug Report Tool pops up with the dreaded and all-too-familiar driver timeout issue and the game eventually black screens and after quite some time, may or may not crash to desktop, else I have to end the game task in Windows task manager So I have done the following:

1: Disabled Windows TDR. No difference

2: Reverted back to a previous version of Adrenaline Edition, drivers, V24.3.1. No difference

3: Updated M/B Bios. No difference

4: Installed ONLY the AMD iGPU drivers WITHOUT Adenaline Control Panel. No difference.

Now, BEFORE anyone asks irrelvant questions let me ALSO state:

1: ALL M/B drivers are installed and up-to-date

2: I have even tried re-installing Windows 11 and the game and NOTHING else and run the game, no difference.

Now, here is the kicker! I have an nVidia GT 730 VGA card and in a fit of desperation, I installed this card and well, WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!

Game runs perfectly, no crashes and this is on high graphics settings. It puts the RX Vega 11 Graphics to shame, in fact.

So, it seems that even after all this time, AMD STILL have not been able to resolve their VGA driver issues. So sad.

Anyway, so I will be investing in a decent nVidia VGA card in the near future.

6 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

markadewet, where did you get your AMD drivers? If not here, please do. Post screenshots of the error you are seeing and the Details tab of a few Critical errors. It may be a little early to condemn AMD. See if a Clear CMOS helps. John.

0 Likes

@misterj, I ALWAYS download drivers from the manufacturers website, nowhere else.

As regards screenshots of the errors, I am now using an nVidia GT730 VGA card to play and I am not about to uninstall and re-install AMD drivers to get these screenshots.

0 Likes
FunkZ
Grandmaster

Have you tried playing STALKER SoC without the mod to see if the problem is the mod?

Do you have the STEAM version of the game or a standalone install?

Have you tried the Complete 2009 1.4.4 mod?

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
Ryzen R7 5700G | B550 Gaming X | 2x8GB G.Skill 4000 | Radeon Vega 8 IGP
Ryzen R5 5600 | B550 Gaming Edge | 4x8GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 6800XT
0 Likes

@FunkZSTALKERSOUP is not a mod, it is now a complete stand-alone game.

0 Likes
MEGReborn
Newcomer

@markadewet wrote:

Good day,

Let me start off by stating that I am a fisrt-time AMD user, so my terminology may not be perfect.

OK, So I have an AMD Ryzen 5 2400G on an Asrock A320M-HDV R4.0 M/B, with 16GB RAM

Adrenaline Edition Version: 24.9.1

My problem is that I am trying to play a game called STALKERSOUP and every time I go into the game, I can play for about 5-10 minutes and then it crashes and AMD's Bug Report Tool pops up with the dreaded and all-too-familiar driver timeout issue and the game eventually black screens and after quite some time, may or may not crash to desktop, else I have to end the game task in Windows task manager So I have done the following:

1: Disabled Windows TDR. No difference

2: Reverted back to a previous version of Adrenaline Edition, drivers, V24.3.1. No difference

3: Updated M/B Bios. No difference

4: Installed ONLY the AMD iGPU drivers WITHOUT Adenaline Control Panel. No difference.

Now, BEFORE anyone asks irrelvant questions let me ALSO state:

1: ALL M/B drivers are installed and up-to-date

2: I have even tried re-installing Windows 11 and the game and NOTHING else and run the game, no difference.

Now, here is the kicker! I have an nVidia GT 730 VGA card and in a fit of desperation, I installed this card and well, WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!

Game runs perfectly, no crashes and this is on high graphics settings. It puts the RX Vega 11 Graphics to shame, in fact.

So, it seems that even after all this time, AMD STILL have not been able to resolve their VGA driver issues. So sad.

Anyway, so I will be investing in a decent nVidia VGA card in the near future.

0 Likes
MEGReborn
Newcomer

I had exactly same issues with a Ryzen 7 5700g and b550m Aorus Elite, if you're using a 3200mhz ram or below that, maybe that's the issue.

Well, I solved my problem by underclocking my vega 8 apu, here is what I did....

1. GFX clock frequency: 2000mhz -> 1570mhz

2. GFX core voltage: 1.1v

3. Precision Boost Overdrive(PBO): Auto-> Disable

4.CPU Clock ratio: 46.0->45.0

5.CPU Core voltage: 1.307v

6.Global C-State Control: Enable

Boom everything is fine now... As your using a 2400g you have to use your own overclocking settings but, do it as same as I did.

0 Likes