PC CONFIGURATION IS:

PROCESSORS: RYZEN 9 5900X

MOTHER BOARD: B550M MORTAR MAX WIFI

RAM: GSKILL TRIDENT NEO 3600MHZ 8X2 16GB

PSU: COOLER MASTER 1250W

GPU: RTX 4070TI SUPER

SSD: WD NVME M.2 2TB

AIO: ASUS RYUJIN 360

The issue is pc running well in single A2 slot RAM, but while installing the second RAM Stick in B2, the CPU Debug Light keeps on and pc not able to boot. Further, tried to update the bios, clean the ram sticks, clean the Processor and reinstalled it, and also tried to clear the CMOS. Still the issue persist. Kindly let me know any more suggestion to resolve the issue.

0 Likes
12 Replies
FunkZ
Grandmaster

Per the MSI manual for the B550M Mortar Max Wifi the A2/B2 slots are correct for two memory modules.

https://download.msi.com/archive/mnu_exe/mb/MAGB550MMORTARMAXWIFI.pdf

Therefore it could be faulty memory, a bad motherboard slot or the IMC in the CPU.

If you can borrow spare parts to swap out you may be able to pinpoint which is the culprit.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
Ryzen R7 5700G | B550 Gaming X | 2x8GB G.Skill 4000 | Radeon Vega 8 IGP
Ryzen R5 5600 | B550 Gaming Edge | 4x8GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 6800XT

All the parts of my rig is new except RAM. Those ram was working smoothly in the previous processor AMD RYZEN 7 3700X. But now with RYZEN 9 5900X it is working only in A1 A2 slot and after installing the ram in B2 slot it is showing debug error of CPU. To clear the doubt, the single ram tried to install in A1 A2 slot and both ram is working single in both the slot. but in B1 B2 slot it is not able to boot up. Other then that, new pair of ram stick ordered and installed in the system and same error occur. As per the MSI SITE , the motherboard is compatible with RAM. Don't know what is the issue. Why it is not taking both ram in A2 B2 slot. 

0 Likes

Generally if one Ram stick works but not with two indicates incompatible RAM Memory.

Is your RAM Memory on the Motherboard's QVL List for 5000 series processor?

If not is it listed at G-Skill as being compatible with your Motherboard and processor?

Otherwise as noted by Funkyz it could be defective Motherboard Dimm slots, CPU, or RAM.

If you were to install a different second set of RAM sticks and it works that means the first set is not compatible.

My ram config is

G.SKILL Trident Z RGB (For AMD) 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800) Desktop Memory Model F4-3600C18D-16GTZRX

16GB kit containing 2 x 8GB modules, DDR4-3600, 288-Pin, CAS Latency CL18 (18-22-22-42) at 1.35V

and as per site it is compatible.rAM.png

Yes you RAM is listed under the 5000 Series QVL List for RAM for your Motherboard.

Do you have the latest Non-BETA BIOS installed by any chance?  BIOS updates helps with compatibility issues with RAM Memory many times.

The latest Non-BETA Version is:

AMI BIOS   7C94v1K   2024-08-0918.45 MB
  • Description:
    - Fixed CVE-2024-36877 security issue.

Otherwise I would open a AMD SUPPORT - WARRANTY ticket to see if they believe it is a Processor issue and whether you need to RMA the processor to be checked from here: https://www.amd.com/en/forms/contact-us/support.html

But since you mentioned that with the 3000 series processor and current RAM everything worked fine that  would indicate a CPU issue or possibly a BIOS issue with your motherboard concerning the 5000 series CPUs.

I would also open a MSI SUPPORT Ticket to see if it is a BIOS issue or not.

I had updated the BETA VERSION of Bios in my previous rig which has MSI B450M MORTAR MAX AND RYZEN 7 3700X. After that CPU DEBUG issue persist with the DUAL CHANNEL RAM. Before that it was working fine. Further, with no solution, decided to build the new rig as per the config mention above the topic. But the RAM is same and all the parts of the rig is new. I also had updated the bios (not the beta version) in the new motherboard. But still there is no solution and the problem persist with the new system also.

Does the Beta version of the bios of my old motherboard did something to ram? But both ram are in working condition if install individually. And working only in A1 and A2 slot. If install in B1 B2 it show the above mention error and no boot. Since this is my new motherboard. How does same issue occur? 

RylieColette
Journeyman III

Have you tested the system with a different pair of RAM sticks (if available) to rule out compatibility issues between the motherboard and the current RAM modules?

Yes, tried new ram stick also but different company and different latency and same issue persist. Now, ordered the new pair of RAM STICKS of the model which is already with me. It is in transit and once it will deliver, will check if it is working or not.

0 Likes

To new pair of ram sticks delivered and installed but same problem. Kindly provide best solution.

0 Likes

5unny, I missed all the preceding. Have you RMAed the MB or the processor? John.

0 Likes

NO. NOTHING RMAed in my rig.

0 Likes

5unny, I suggest you RMA one or the other if you still have the same failures. I also suggest you start with the MB. John.

0 Likes