Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

Greatness
Journeyman III

Computer "crash", no logs and different of crash depending on situation

Hi!

I have a suspicion that its my CPU thats the problem, but I need help to narrow it down or exclude it from the troubleshooting.

So I have a problem, my computer crashes to the point that I have to hard boot it.
The different situations:
-the screens all go black, I can still hear sound for a little bit after, but it stops after a while as well.

-the screens all go black, I can still hear sound for a little bit after, but it stops after a while as well. ADDED: The fans on my GPU spins up like crazy until the computer is shut down by hard booting it

-Everything freezes, but the monitors are not black. I cant move the mouse, game is forzen and so is everything else on my other monitors. I can still hear sound. Have to hard boot the computer.

After I have hard booted the computer I check the event viewer every time, under "system" and "application" but there is nothing, no error or even warning leading up to the crash.

My bios is updated, all windows updates are installed, all drivers are updated as well.

I have turned off "windows update drivers" with group policy settings, so windows update wont force install drivers.

Specs:

MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
MEM: Kingston Fury beast 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz
GPU: MSI Radeon RX 6900XT
OS installation date: 2023-10-10

I have had CPU and GPU temp on, to check and neither temp are above 60 degrees (Cel) when the crash occurs, even when the GPU fans spin up like crazy in scenario 2, the temp was below 60 then as well.

Sometimes It can go weeks between these crashes and sometimes it can happen 4-5 times in the span of a few hours.

It only happens in games, never when im working etc.

I have ran several benchmark test, to stress the GPU and CPU, but it did not happen during benchmark testing.

Im at a loose here. Since I have re-installed my OS recently and everything is up to date, my guess is thats its hardware related. But I cant for the life of me figure out if its GPU, CPU, MEM or MOBO thats faulty. Since I have no logs to actually look at I dont know what to do. I cant rly force the error either, since I can be playing games for several days without it happening. But I rly want to get a handle on it before it gets worse.

Any help is appriciated!

Greatness_0-1698213831676.png

0 Likes
0 Replies