Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

mrpentium
Adept I

BIOS recovery tool

Hello,

My HP ProBook 445 G7  (AMD Ryzen 3 4300U) keeps recommending BIOS updates every 6 months. 

I have had bad experiences with this, on other systems.

I would like to know, if this laptop is one of the HP computers that have an HP BIOS Restore tool that might be able to recover the BIOS from an earlier version and restore basic functionality, in the event of a failed upgrade.

HP says : " This tool might or might not work in the event of BIOS corruption depending on many factors, but is worth trying in the event the BIOS is corrupted."  

PLease advise, as I do not want to keep updating BIOS so frequently, as it is like "rolling the dice".

0 Likes
1 Solution

If HP Support has it for download and you have the exact HP Laptop model for that BIOS it should be fine. 

Personally I would not install BETA BIOS versions and generally will wait until a Non-BETA Version shows up. But the HP seems to be regular Non-BETA version so that means HP has tested out and deemed it safe to download and install.

But if you want to downgrade because the new BIOS version is giving unexpected stability issues then I suggest you open a HP Support ticket and ask if the version can be downgraded back to the previous version.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies

Seems like the best place to answer your question will be opening a thread at HP Forums. See if any other Users have been able to downgrade the BIOS on your Laptop model.

But looking at your Laptop I only see that it has 2 BIOS version only for Windows 11 but several for Windows 10: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-probook-445-g7-notebook-pc/32764491

Screenshot 2022-02-27 093811.png

Which BIOS Version do you have installed currently?

From looking at HP Forums seems like some BIOS versions you can't downgrade after a certain Version upgrade. I would ask HP Support if your BIOS version that you want to upgrade can be downgraded to a previous version or ask at HP Forums: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/bd-p/OS

0 Likes

Hi,

I currently have Ver.  01.07.01

HP support assistant is recommending I install SP 137127  (01.08.00), but the info you supply suggests that this is for Win10  20h2, not Win11 21H2.  Am I wrong, or is the support assistant trying to install the wrong BIOS ?

0 Likes

Wait. I see now there IS a version
for Windows 11 version 21H2 (64-bit)

01.08.00 Rev.A

Release date: Jan 27, 2022

File name: sp137124.exe

(12.9 MB)

I guess thats OK to install ?

0 Likes

If HP Support has it for download and you have the exact HP Laptop model for that BIOS it should be fine. 

Personally I would not install BETA BIOS versions and generally will wait until a Non-BETA Version shows up. But the HP seems to be regular Non-BETA version so that means HP has tested out and deemed it safe to download and install.

But if you want to downgrade because the new BIOS version is giving unexpected stability issues then I suggest you open a HP Support ticket and ask if the version can be downgraded back to the previous version.

0 Likes

Thanks