Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

Combreal
Journeyman III

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X running hoT

Hello,

I have just built a new PC but had to raise the fans around my CPU cooler by 1.5cm because the RAM are in the way.
Drivers are up to date, BIOS as well. I did not overclock or mess with the CPU/GPU settings.
The room temperature is around 30°.
The idle temperature is around 40°, 80° while gaming in 2K/ultra and 90° during the multi core Cinebench.
I read that those kind of Processors operated at high temperatures but it still looks a bit too hot.

Here are my system components :
CHASSIS : Fractal Design Meshify 2 Compact Lite RGB Black TG Light Tint
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 8x 3.80GHz
CPU COOLER: Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB
MOBO : GIGABYTE B550 Gaming X DDR4
RAM : 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200 MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX (2x 16GB - Dual Channel)
GPU : AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT - 16GB
PSU : be quiet ! Pure Power 12 M - 750W - 80 PLUS Gold

Bellow is a screenshot of AMD Ryzen Master during the multi core Cinebench test.

benchtest02.png

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Angeluk
Challenger

Undervolt it, you will get more performance, less consumption and lower temps... You must be able to drop at around 1.1 volts with no issues... check youtube if someone posted undervolt settings already I had 5950X and was running at 63 degrees under 100% workload. I now have 7900x, which is running a little more hot at around 75 degrees but it never get 100% workload, so i am fine, 40 degrees on idle and 50 degrees while gaming is fine for me...

0 Likes
Earnhardt
Grandmaster

5800X

6750XT

H150i 360 AIO

5800x cinebench 23.jpg

0 Likes
Combreal
Journeyman III

Thank you for your suggestion Angeluk. I added an offset of -0.1V on my processor.
But mostly I caped in Adrenaline software my fps 3x frames bellow my monitor frequency, to avoid tearing.
Now idle temperature is 35° and around 50° during gaming.

0 Likes
johnnyenglish
Big Boss

With a 5800X you can also give Curve Optimizer a chance.

; - )

The Englishman
0 Likes