Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

agentyoshi
Adept I

AMD A10 Pro 7800B

Hello i currently upgraded my pc from A6 7400K to A10 Pro 7800B

but the problem is my motherboard (Biostar HIFI A70U3P) is reading both 4gb ram sticks on its memory insight menu but only uses one and windows is showing 8gb ram installed and 3.42 usable..

what could be the issue

0 Likes
6 Replies

Since you upgraded your CPU it is best to do a CMOS CLEAR to put BIOS back to default settings and for BIOS to recognize the new CPU that is installed.

Make sure you have the last latest BIOS and Chip Set installed from BIOSTAR Support: https://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=888#download

Here is the QVL List for RAM for your Motherboard. it is very short and out-dated: https://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=888#memorysupport

But even if your RAM is not listed in the above QVL List doesn't matter since it seems to be compatible since your PC booted up and is showing the full 8 GB installed.

In Windows Task Manager under Performance how much RAM Memory is showing for your IGPU?

Make sure Windows is fully updated to the latest version with all updates installed.

Also run in a elevated Command Prompt the following command line; SFC /scannow

The above command line will check the integrity of your Windows installation.

EDIT: If all else fails try doing an In-Place Windows Repair and see if everything is showing correctly again. All you have to do is run the Windows Installation file for your current Windows OS while on the Desktop.

0 Likes
agentyoshi
Adept I

1.PNG2.PNG

i did clear the cmos before installing the new cpu,and even did a fresh install of windows 10,i have searched everywhere for a solution and none of them worked, i did try to put back my A6 7400K and guess what..it reads both ram and shows 8gb both in bios and windows

0 Likes

Thanks for clarifying your previous Post.

So what you are saying with the Pro processor that Windows and BIOS is only showing 4 GB of RAM even though you have installed 8GB of RAM correct?

But with the previous A6 Processor both Windows and BIOS is showing 8 GBs of RAM.

In the image it is showing that the IGPU has the minimum amount of System RAM dedicated to your Integrated Graphics since you only have 8GB of System RAM in your PC.

Have you opened a BIOSTAR SUPPORT ticket to see if the BIOS version they have is completely compatible with the A10 Pro processor?

Also open a AMD Support - Warranty, if your CPU is less than 3 year old and purchased from a Retailer in a official AMD Retail box, and see if the problem is with your A10 processor or that your Motherboard so how is not fully compatible with the A10 processor.

BIOS is the one that makes your motherboard compatible with new processors that are installed.

NOTE: Do you have both RAM Sticks installed in the correct Motherboard DIMM Slots for 2 RAM Sticks. If not that could be a reason for the wrong RAM showing. Need to check your MoBo Manual to find out which 2 DIMM slots should be populated first with 2 RAM sticks installed.

0 Likes
agentyoshi
Adept I

i have checked my motherboard page on biostar site and it was weird they listed it as AMD A10 7800B not Pro 

Is there another 7800B 

0 Likes

Yes I noticed that too but when i googled just the model of the processor without Pro in CPU World it came out as the Pro version.

The A10-7800 is not the "Pro" version but a regular APU processor. So possibly the "B" version is the 'Pro' version.

0 Likes

Screenshot_20230308-104438_Brave_1.png

clearly its listed together with the regular non B version..so its supported and i already updated the bios