Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

Arcolion
Journeyman III

AMD 5800x3d blocked at 3600 mhz

Hi everyone, 

I have a Asus TUF GAMING B550M-PLUS  motherboard , with the latest bios update installed.

2x 16 gb ram G.Skill Trident Z RGB F4-3600C16D-32GTZRC  32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz 

i've also downloaded the latest AMD chipset drivers.

i have 2 problems:

1 :  enabling DOCP to run the ram at their DOCP setting of 3600 makes the system not post. max i can get is 3000 mhz. (1500)

2: the cpu would not boost past 3600mhz ever, its just capped there and the cpu stays cool as a cucumber at between 55 and 60 degrees when i hit it with cinebench.

I've updated the bios flash, the amd drivers... 

i dont know what to do more... do i have a bad cpu ? 

greetings, 

0 Likes
8 Replies
Koyote7667
Miniboss

Id look at the memory first,.. just me. 

0 Likes

If this is a cpu upgrade, try a CMOS reset (remove the battery for 2 minutes) and/or load optimized defaults in bios. You should also be using the Windows balanced power plan for the 5000 series.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
Arcolion
Journeyman III

it is a full new system.

I've tried other ramsticks , from the same brand and certified on the motherboard manufacturer, wont even post with the other sticks in .

it WOULD post with only one of the sticks .

Something is off with the system, i just cant put my hand on it. it is acting really weird, not accepting DOCP settings and beeing really temperamental witch ram.

0 Likes
Koyote7667
Miniboss

Agree, but it posts, its not the cpu

0 Likes
Awol
Challenger

RE: The cpu.... Do you have PBO and all core boost enabled in bios ?

0 Likes
Arcolion
Journeyman III

It only post when i set the transfer rate to 3000 or lower. 

the ramsticks are xmp rated for 3600 cl16

i bought other sticks 3200 CL 14 , they wont work , system dousn't post , ONLY when i put only 1 stick in.

Both ramsticks are on the supported list on the motherboard support website.

Tinkering with the IF to set it as example 1:1 so for 3600 , i'd set it to 1300 , same result , no post.

0 Likes
Awol
Challenger

Just to make sure. Have you put the memory in the correct dimm slots ? I've known people build pc's and forget that they need to be in the correct channels

0 Likes
Arcolion
Journeyman III

the memory have been put in the correct slots :s

0 Likes