Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

sad_gpu
Journeyman III

Sapphire x080 for non-mining use

Hi community!

By now I think a lot of people know about the (not so much now) new Sapphire x080 GPUs which were targeted for miners.

I am playing around and try to get it to work on non mining OSs for other purposes like rendering. But even on launch they announced that the will support only Linux.

I have a tried a couple of distros already, tried to install it with different methods, but none of them worked out. Tried it on windows as well, just to be sure, but no luck as well. Those GPUs work fine with HiveOS and they are detected as RX 6700M GPUs running on 20.40 (5.11.1001) drivers. So with that logic I tried to download the drivers for that GPU and install it, but it does not work for me. It gives error that in Ubuntu for eg. it cannot compile the kernel, while in windows the OS is incorrect, thus exiting the installer (I`m running Win10 and I downloaded the Win10 drivers).

So I wanted to check if I`m the only one going crazy and trying to get them to work for non-mining stuff or there are other people out there as well?

Any experiences with that? Or better, solutions?

Thanks a lot in advance for the savior! 

0 Likes
0 Replies