Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

Anonymous
Not applicable

Put in an AMD GPU (6800xt) and it's likely causing event errors 4648 and 5061

Hello Support and Friends,

I've recently put in a 6800xt into my PC. The issue is that the is a very constant sound every minute sometimes, or every few minutes of a USB device being disconnected. I've pulled the Event Viewer and see Event IDs: 5061 and 4648. This is tied to the AMD GPU being put into the computer because my Nvidia 1060 doesn't have this issue, and when I pulled the card out and had to RMA the last one due to faulty video outputs, the sounds and events went away when I put the Nvidia 1060 back in. 

I've made a lot of attempts to diagnose and fix the problem. All of my drivers are up to date, including the BIOS on the motherboard. I've swapped out sticks of RAM. I've reflashed the OS (Windows 10) twice. The most common denominator I could figure out is that this issue occurs when the 6800xt is installed in the computer and these issues dont occur with the 1060. 

My specs:

• Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Gaming X
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb sticks x2 for 16gb
  • Samsung 970 EVO, 500gb nvme storage
  • Processor: Ryzen 7 3700x
  • Power Supply: Corsair RM850x, 850W power supply

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sometimes I have to turn the sound off on whatever I'm doing because the device disconnection sound happens many times within a minute and it derails whatever I'm doing.

Thanks,

Zach

0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Possible solution: update the chipset driver on your motherboard; Download AMD Radeon Driver 21.10.2 for RX6800XT and DDD; Deactivate network card and Windows Update; Device installation setting to no; in safe mode with DDD delete and restart all graphics, audio and monitor drivers, install the Radeon driver under Options Driver only without the Adrenalin software, including the monitor drivers; restart and activate the network card. This prevents the automatic installation of drivers from Windows Update or Microsoft Drivers, which can lead to such conflicts.

0 Likes