cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

Akatanomastos
Journeyman III

Problem with sound on asus 6950xt and AV receiver.

Hello,

I am not sure if this is the right place but i am getting kinda desperate, I bought a brand new asus tuf 6950xt and previously i had an rx590 still i uninstalled drivers with DDU in safe mode installed new gpu in my PC and then installed drivers from scratch.

Everything works fine i have done a ton of stress test gpu temps are fine all games run fine but my problem is that i loose sound for a split second and then the sound returns. This can happen while i play a demanding game or even when i am just browsing youtube. This happens at totally random intervals and i have no idea how to recreate this, Meaning it can happen 5 times in 10 minutes or not happen at all for 5 hours. I have tried several times to uninstall and install again drivers changed hdmi cables etc. But the problem is that my old gpu runs without this problem while the new one does.

My pc is connected to an AV receiver through the HDMI of my GPU and thats how i get picture and sound.

Sorry for the long post and i hope my explenation makes some sense and somebody can help me fix this cause i am really desperate. Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
0 Replies