cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

AidanR
Adept I

No updates for Radeon RX 5500M ?

My drivers haven't updated for over a year - and I literally cannot figure out how to check for updates // the raddeon softtware isn't showing the options other people have in the tutorials I've watched and adrenaline installer has been scanning for about an hour lol...

0 Likes
12 Replies

Go here and select your Laptop GPU card and download the latest Driver from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support

The latest AMD Driver for both Windows 10 and 11 is from October 2022 from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-5500-series/amd-radeon-rx-5500-series/amd-radeon-...

NOTE: It is best to use your Laptop's OEM AMD Driver since it is 100% a compatible and will accurately show both your IGPU and DGPU installed. Unless the OEM AMD Driver is badly Out-dated from the latest AMD Laptop driver.

Also if your laptop has a AMD APU Processor you must download only the APU OEM AMD or AMD APU driver. This driver will install both IGPU and DGPU drivers for your laptop.

But if your laptop has a Intel APU driver then you first must update all of your Intel drivers especially the Intel Graphics and CHIP Set drivers plus your BIOS if you have an out-dated BIOS before installing the latest AMD Driver.

0 Likes
Vynski
Exemplar

What is the make and model number of your laptop, ie; MSI BRAVO 15

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"

MSI Bravo 15 B5DD is the model

According to your MSI Model you have a Ryzen APU installed. You need to download the Ryzen APU Driver for your laptop: https://www.msi.com/Laptop/Bravo-15-B5DX/Specification

MSI Support for your laptop download page does show an MSI OEM AMD Graphics driver from 10/22/2021. So it is almost a year old. https://www.msi.com/Laptop/Bravo-15-B5DX/support?sub_product=Bravo-15-B5DD#driver

So depending on which Ryzen APU processor you have depends on which AMD Driver you need to download.

0 Likes

It's not a B5DX it is a B5DD which has the Ryzen 5 5600H, one fast little puppy, with a discrete RX5500M.

0 Likes

If you click on the link the specs are for a B5DD not a B5DX. I also saw the link saying the specs for a B5DX but when I click on it this is what shows up:

Screenshot 2022-11-08 180948.png

But the OP will need to say what his APU uses since in the above specs  all it mentions it uses a Ryzen 7 5000-H Series APU . The only Ryzen 7 5000 series H APU is the Ryzen 7 5800-H APU  from AMD Download page.

Screenshot 2022-11-08 180948.png

If it is a Ryzen 7 5800-H APU then this is the correct AMD generic Laptop Driver he will need to install for both of his GPUs : https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-7-mobile-processors-radeon-graphic...

According to the Release notes it is compatible with both IGPU and DGPU.

0 Likes

Please I'm not trying to be sarcastic or rude here.  Just using information from MSI on their products and not researching on AMD site.

If I want to see what the specs are on an MSI Bravo 15, I'm not going to be looking on AMD site.  That would be equivalent to looking for specs for a Ford Musting on MOPAR website.  I have tons of MSI products and know my way around their site quite well.  Trust me these are not APU processors the are full CPU.

0 Likes

You know what I not even going to bother to give an answer to your last reply It is obvious you misread my last reply.

Anyway @AidanR  go ahead and follow Vynski advice. I can tell he is an expert with both MSI and AMD hardware.

Good luck!

0 Likes

Hey @elstaci.

I just wanted to apologize for the post I responded with.  You were correct with your post and I just did not read it completely.

Please forgive me and I hope you understand that I had a very frustrating day with that Logitech Formula Force GP that I posted.

I am very sorry. 

0 Likes

From the AMD Home page select Drivers and Support in the middle box select the AMD Radeon 5500M series and a new box will appear with the 5500M series, click on that 5500M series and another window will appear with the 5700M, 5600M, 5500M, and the 5300M.  All you have to do now is select the RX 5500M and hit the SUBMIT button on the page and your drivers will all appear.

I'm pretty certain that you are running Windows 11 so you select those drivers and download them.

Now if you feel that your not ready to go through all of that just download the Auto-Detect and install it.  Run the app and it will do its work.

You should have the Adrenalin app in the START menu and you can also update from there.

If you are still having problems please post again and I'll check the post every day, because the only differences between our laptops is that I have the 4600H and you have the 5600H. 

0 Likes

A laptop with a AMD APU Processor you don't select the AMD Discrete GPU driver but the Integrated GPU driver.

That would be the best way since the selected driver would be compatible with both GPUs.

In the latest Laptops that may or may not be an issue since most AMD laptop driver will most likely be compatible with both since both are supported by AMD.

In the past, Several Users have had Legacy AMD APU Processors with a still supported Discrete GPU card in the laptop. In that case they were forced to use the APU IGPU driver to make sure both were supported by the same driver.

0 Likes

Perhaps I did misunderstand what you were saying.  This one is right on the spot though.  Yes you do have to select the integrated one first, same on mine.  Although, I've been trying to find a way around that even tried installing the RX 5500 drivers but it didn't seem to matter.  The integrated graphics driver still remains and I'm certain that it must be present for it to work properly.

What I can't understand is why he can't find the updates.  I went to AMD Support and Drivers page and had no problem finding the drivers.  So I really don't understand what he is trying to find.

0 Likes