cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

Sneaks1957
Adept I

Integrated ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics - Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3

When I access the AMD site, they have a Radeon HD3000.......not the old ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics listed.  It is really old and does not support Windows 10, 64 bit, Version 20H2.

I am a Novice, a little help is appreciated!  Windows says the driver is updated.  Pfftt!  According to the AMD Site, my graphics is not compatible with Windows 10.  I read Microsoft added some drivers for limited use for this situation.  It's NOT a permanent fix.  Everything on my monitor is a bit bigger and just slightly distorted.  Ugh!!

Do I purchase a Graphics card and install it..........will it override the integrated graphics or is there an update?  Where do I find it?

Thanks folks!!

0 Likes
1 Solution

@kingfish wrote:

@Sneaks1957 wrote:

When I access the AMD site, they have a Radeon HD3000.......not the old ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics listed.  It is really old and does not support Windows 10, 64 bit, Version 20H2.

I am a Novice, a little help is appreciated!  Windows says the driver is updated.  Pfftt!  According to the AMD Site, my graphics is not compatible with Windows 10.  I read Microsoft added some drivers for limited use for this situation.  It's NOT a permanent fix.  Everything on my monitor is a bit bigger and just slightly distorted.  Ugh!!

Do I purchase a Graphics card and install it..........will it override the integrated graphics or is there an update?  Where do I find it?

Thanks folks!!

That depends...is this a laptop?

A desktop pc is easy to add a discrete card...if you have a proper motherboard/power supply/processor..for less than $75..that will meet Windows 10 requirements. However to have extra power to run graphics intensive applications the price goes up.. Yes it will override the internal graphics.

https://www.amd.com/en/support

Screenshot_3.png

View solution in original post

7 Replies

@Sneaks1957 wrote:

Thanks folks!!

A desktop pc is easy to add a discrete card...if you have a proper motherboard/power supply/processor..for less than $75..that will meet Windows 10 requirements. However to have extra power to run graphics intensive applications the price goes up.. Yes it will override the internal graphics.

Screenshot_3.png

0 Likes

Thank you for your quick reply!!  I have a 500w power supply and it is a desktop tower PC!!

0 Likes

These are my choices;

Windows 8 - 32-Bit Edition
Windows 8 - 64-Bit Edition
Windows 7 - 32-Bit Edition
Windows 7 - 64-Bit Edition
Windows Vista - 32-Bit Edition
Windows Vista - 64-Bit Edition
Windows XP - Professional/Home
Windows XP Media Center Edition
Windows XP - 64-Bit Edition
Linux x86
Linux x86_64

I need a Windows 10 64-Bit!  I will scour the AMD Site for a Graphics Card to fit my Motherboard!  Thanks very much for your help!

A good site to compare price vs performance > https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/
Any AMD RX card is good-to-better.
Check E-bay and New Egg also

There may be issues with your motherboard and Win10. Check this out > https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-78LMT-USB3-rev-60/support#support-dl-utility

All that sounds good...you can check at the online retailers for at least a AMD R7series, prices will increase as the cards become more poerful...so choose a card that will meet your demands..ex> heavy gaming / lite computer browsing/Utube, etc.

Each card specifications' will list the power requirements.

NewEgg/Amazon/Googleit

@kingfish wrote:

@Sneaks1957 wrote:

Thanks folks!!

Screenshot_3.png