Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

GoneFishing92
Journeyman III

HP Omen Laptop - Dedicated RX 6600M GPU unable to work

Hi All

I have a HP Omen laptop which is around 18 months old with RX 6600M.

Recently, the dedicated GPU has stopped working and I have to rely on the integrated GPU instead.

Following the advice of many articles and videos on the internet, I have:

1. Uninstalled all drivers using DDU

2. Re-installed the latest AMD Adrenalin driver (version 23.5.2)

3. Installed latest AMD chipset drivers

3. Updated all other drivers (BIOS, etc.) via Windows and HP update

I can see "AMD Radeon RX 6600M" listed in the Device Manager, but it is reporting a Code 43: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43).

When I disable and re-enable it, AMD gives me the following error message:

Screenshot 2023-07-01 191206.png

I am trying to understand if this is a driver issue or a hardware issue. Any insights would be appreciated.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Reply

Since your HP Warranty has expired and you can't send in your laptop to be checked under Warranty, try running your laptop's HP Diagnostic program to check both the Software and Hardware in your laptop.

First download your HP Omen Mobile Processor's AMD Driver which will install both the IGPU and Discrete GPU fro your laptop.

Don't download load the rx6600M driver by itself. It might not be compatible with your AMD Integrated Graphics.

Also try using DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) with the internet disconnected and deleting the AMD Installation folder at C:\AMD BEFORE installing the AMD Driver again.

I would first install HP's OEM AMD Driver first to see if it works correctly and installs correctly. If it does and the HP OEM Mobile Processor's AMD Driver is very out-dated then try a newer driver from AMD Download page.

0 Likes