cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

rpcr213
Journeyman III

High VRAM temperature

Hello everyone, today while I was playing and monitoring the temperatures of my AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT graphics card I noticed that they were too high (you can see on the top left of the image that it reaches 102 degrees).
I have not changed any settings that has to do with the voltage. Is this normal? Thank you.

VRAM102G.png

0 Likes
2 Replies

The Maximum Operating Temperature of the 5000 series GPU cards is 110c Hot spot (Tjunction).

Your card is getting close to being throttled once it reaches 110c or higher.

Make sure you have good air circulation inside your PC. If you remove the side panel and the GPU card runs at a slightly lower temperature that indicates a air circulation issue. So make sure all your PC Air filters and fans are clean of gunk and dust and debris.

Same for your GPU card. Make sure the Heat Sink is clean and not cluttered with dust or dirt and the same for the GPU fan.

also in Radeon Settings  - Tuning you can configure a more aggressive Fan Curve so the fan will reach full speed at a lower temperature.

0 Likes
RPX100
Miniboss

Hey there. Hello @rpcr213 

I have a RX 5700 XT myself and I can tell you that my memory temps do not exceed 75°C.

Micron and Samsung (Memory Chip Manufacturers) both recommend
to stay below 95°C operating temp for memory.

--

@elstaci yes, RX 5000 series can operate up to 110°C according to AMD.
but in this case his temps are:
GPU: 85°C | hot spot: 99°C | memory: 102°C | fan RPM 80% | power: 180W

This is not normal and not recommended - memory temps are far too high. (> 95°C)

--

@rpcr213 Maybe the heat transfering pads on your cards memory are tried out.
Or maybe the cooler does not connect to them anymore.
Check for lose screws and consider to buy new heat transfering pads.

--- [ CPU: Ryzen 7 3800XT | GPU: ASRock RX 5700XT Challenger Pro 8GB | driver: 24.1.1 ]
--- [ MB: MSI B550-A Pro AGESA 1.2.0.7 | RAM: 2x 16GB 3600-CL16 | chipset: 6.01.25.342 ]