cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

DimkaGulak
Journeyman III

Heat hotspot rx6700xt

Good afternoon. My rx6700xt graphics card has a GPU temperature of 75°C in games, the hotspot temperature goes up to 106°C. Is this normal?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Yes, anything below 110c is normal for the hotspot of the 5000.6000, & 7000 series GPU cards.

But it seems the average Hotspot under loads is generally below 90c. So I would look at your Air circulation inside your PC case to make sure you have good air circulation.

You can temporarily remove your PC side panel and see if the GPU Hot Spot is slightly lower. If it is that would indicate poor air circulation. If the hot spot stays the same then it isn't due to poor air circulation and you can reattach the side panel again.

But as long as the Hot Spot doesn't go above 110c AMD will say that your GPU is working within its thermal range as engineered.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Yes, anything below 110c is normal for the hotspot of the 5000.6000, & 7000 series GPU cards.

But it seems the average Hotspot under loads is generally below 90c. So I would look at your Air circulation inside your PC case to make sure you have good air circulation.

You can temporarily remove your PC side panel and see if the GPU Hot Spot is slightly lower. If it is that would indicate poor air circulation. If the hot spot stays the same then it isn't due to poor air circulation and you can reattach the side panel again.

But as long as the Hot Spot doesn't go above 110c AMD will say that your GPU is working within its thermal range as engineered.