cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

Phulpy
Adept I

Fifa 23 DXGI_ERROR.

I have had an issue with my fifa 23 crashing and giving me an error "DXGI_DEVICE_ERROR_HUNG" and i have tried EVERYTHING i can think of in order to fix it. if you have any ideas on how to fix it please add me on discord HunteR#7496 i will try anything that i havent done already. 

11 Replies
DimkaTsv
Miniboss

Try underclocking GPU.

0 Likes

yeah it didnt work ive tried that, thanks for the recommendation though. 

0 Likes
darkrose
Journeyman III

Had the same error, i fix it by unplug the ram sticks and switch the lanes of them also try not to use xmp. 

0 Likes

I imagine you googled that DX error and applied all the fixes from various website.

Found this tech site that gives fixes from several forums and websites to fix that error: https://quoramarketing.com/fix-fifa-23-dxgi-error-device-hung/

https://gamertweak.com/directx-function-error-fifa-23/

https://www.getdroidtips.com/fifa-23-directx-function-error/:

Fix FIFA 23 DirectX Function Error Dx12Renderer/NvAPI_D3D12/DXGI Error Device Hung

Though EA Sports haven’t responded to this issue officially yet, we can assume that the developers are aware of this issue, and will soon release a patch fix update for it. However, we’re not sure about the ETA and affected players might have to wait further to get it fixed. It’s worth mentioning that some players have found the following troubleshooting guide helpful but not everyone. So, it’s recommended to follow this full guide and check if it’s working or not.

The chances are high that somehow your FIFA 23 game becomes outdated or that there might an issue with the installed graphics driver on the PC. Additionally, issues with the installed game files, outdated DirectX version, issues with the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables, background running tasks, overclocked CPU or GPU, etc can be possible reasons behind the DirectX Function Error on the computer.

Since you didn't post what you have done to fix that error possibly the above websites might have some new fixes you haven't tried yet.

Basically I would open a Support Ticket with Fifa 23 and find out when they will have a patch to fix this issue.

0 Likes
januarie
Adept I

Hey there! I'm having the exact same issue. I was wondering if you were able to find a solution?

0 Likes

I had that happen to my 6800 XT. They are using the Frostbite engine. It didn't happen in FIFA for me, I don't play sports games, but it happened in Mass Effect: Andromeda and Dragon Age: Inquisition, they are using the same engine. In my case, I had to RMA the card, as it was starting to fail. When I got the card back, those games ran without crashing. Just a heads up that your card might be failing. I realize that's not what people want to hear, but what can you do?

0 Likes

While I'm not opposed to the idea that it may be my GPU since I don't have a second one to test with, I'm unsure if it is. I played other games like Baldurs Gate 3, Mount and Blade, and The Quarry, to test and they seemed great. I know it's not an exact science, haha, but I'm pretty sure it's only affecting FIFA 23. I've done fresh installs and uninstalls of both FIFA 23 and AMD drivers so I'm sorta' drawing a blank.

My Specs are:
Using EA Play Launcher
Windows 11
Ryzen 7 2700x 8 core
Radeon VII GPU
3200MB Trident G Skill Ram 3700MHz

The game typically runs with 79-81 fps, and runs cool below 70-65c GPU and below 60c CPU most times. The game runs well too until I get to cutscenes mid-match and then it hangs then crashes to desktop. I've reported the bug through AMD adrenaline. I should probably make a separate post on here too, haha.

Either way, thanks for the reply! I was thinking of buying a new GPU with my next paycheck anyway, so perhaps I'll give that a shot when I do.

0 Likes

When my 6800Xt started to fail, it was a gradual thing. First it failed in raytracing. I play cyberpunk with RT reflections, bc in my opinion thats the only visible improvement raytracing provides for gamers. The rest is just for developers, as it's supposed to cut implementation time. Instead were paying for it now, good job Nvidia. 

Anyway, then I started to crash in Frostbite games. That's when I realized something had to be up, I thought the raytracing stuff was driver related, bc the card performed flawlessly everywhere else previously.

When I started to get crashes in Control witout raytracing, I tried to troubleshoot the card and it died after failing to boot.  That whole process of the card failing was spread out over 11 months.

0 Likes

Dang man, hate to hear that. It's great that you were able to get back to gaming tho with your graphics card. I'll know for sure when I make a move to get a new gpu for myself.

It doesn't look like I'm going to get much luck from this forum, or the ea forums about my particular issue. I've seen a couple of posts similar to mine on both forums but no luck on that either. I guess I'll just take the L on this one and consider it as a lesson that some things work, some things don't, haha.

Edit: My spec list was off. Posting this for posterity

Specs:

Using EA Play Launcher
Windows 11
Ryzen 7 2700x 8 core 3.7GHz
Radeon VII gpu
Trident G Skill Ram 3200mb 3200MHz
EVGA 850 Watts
mobo - ASUS TUF GAMING X570 PRO

0 Likes

I don't particularily wanna say this, but maybe don't buy an AMD card. I have a 6800 XT and I'm happy, but if I had to bite the bullet today, I'd probably buy Nvidia, as much as I hate them for being disgusting liars and money grabbers. Guess what, AMD ain't much better these days. Maybe look for ~6800 XT performance in the 500 dollar/euro range, and if you don't get that, well...

Seems like it really is true, AMD was the only one who could make the 4080 look good.

I knnooooow. I'm with you on that.

I've never tried Nvidia, and they just look like they have so much more support at all ranges. I chose the Radeon VII because I went with Ryzen, and I loved the way it looked. Its performance as you know doesn't really hold up via price for performance with its competition. I honestly didn't care at the time (back in I wanna say 2018/19?).

I should've gone Nvidia tho. Because anytime I have issues it just seems so niche to everyone else. Who knows, it may just be a dying card or what have you and not a driver issue. But I envy how when I read forums for troubleshooting it's just so much easier for team green. Anecdotal, I know. But for this incident when digging further into my driver issues, folks with Nvidia cards seem to be cruising rn.

It'll really have to depend on price and availability at the time. But yeah, I might just switch over. It'll be tough but it's prolly for the best.

0 Likes