cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

sven94
Journeyman III

error

So one of my games wouldn't start and from support group they told me to reinstall my graphics drivers. I uninstalled them normally but when i wanted to install them again i used auto detect on your website and it gave me an error 174 and send me to this page: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-kb174?DID=990F%7C%7C%7C&VID=1002%7C%7C%7C&CPU=AMD%20A10-57...

After that i saw on that page a solution to install both: AMD Radeon Software Crimson edition 16.2.1. and AMD Catalyst 15.7.1. driver,

but after installation this message appeared: 

Untitled2.thumb.png.45e2235f68f676a8f3eee62f6ef11985.png

Also when i open my system device manager it says that i have AMD Radeon HD 8610G and near that appeared a exclamation mark

but in system it says AMD A10-5745M APU with Radeon HD Graphics.

What to do please help?

0 Likes
1 Reply

First, if this is a laptop and not a Desktop with a laptop Processor, you need to install the APU (A10-5745M) Driver. This Driver will automatically install both the Integrated GPU and separate discrete GPU in your laptop.

Your APU is considered to be legacy and not supported by AMD with any more driver updates. The ones you mentioned are correct. One is WHQL (2015) and the other is a BETA (2016). You can download it from here: A10-4655M with Radeon™ HD 7620G Drivers & Support | AMD 

It is best to use your Laptop Manufacturer's Support Drivers rather than the AMD Generic laptop drivers unless they are older than 2015.

Many times when installing AMD Generic driver it will show a different GPU than what your laptop has. But it is the same driver for your laptop GPU and is compatible.

Using your Manufacturer's Laptop GPU Drivers will show the correct GPU you have installed in your laptop.

Here is AMD's procedure to correctly install laptop GPU drivers: Laptop graphics update...How to 

NOTE: Download a small free program called GPU-Z. That will tell you exactly what GPUs you have installed.

0 Likes