cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

batomann
Journeyman III

Black Screen Again

Since 3 months ago I started getting the black screen almost all the time. At that time I had a RX580, on that RX580 I tried everything reinstalling drivers thoroughly, changing thermal paste, cleaning all the bits of dust, I even formatted the whole PC, and at the end the saving grace was tuning it to -8 somewhere, although I didn't test it thoroughly though. I had fed up and bought a RX 6650 XT. First week it had no problems, but the problems have now returned, now right after I launch a game I get the black screen, and after reinstalling the drivers I can't even get through the very beginning page of quick setup it just goes black right after I press anything on the AMD Software. Please what am I supposed to do? Return the 6650 XT and guy a 3060? Like man I even tried downloading the drivers but not Adrenalin and still am getting the black screen.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Qoojo
Miniboss

So it was fine, then you updated drivers and now you get black screen issues? Perhaps driver did not install properly. If so, the you can use DDU to clean all gpu drivers off system, and reinstall drivers. It might be possible that windows is installing a different version of gpu drivers with windows update if you have device driver updates enabled.

0 Likes