cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

Nongrat
Journeyman III

Another user with 7800 XT black screen

Like many others, I am having problems with my new 7800 XT. But, my case is very, very weird. While gaming, it goes smoothly and perfect no matter the game. BUT, if I try to play a show or movie in any kind of platform that are not youtube or twitch, it goes to black screen. Monitor says (no signal detected), and it comes back once I close the window. No problem playing videos on local.

I updated the PSU from Corsair 650W Plus bronze to Cooler Master 750W Plus Gold, same problem. BIOS is updated, drivers too, happens with HDMI and DP. If I try dual monitor, I only lose the signal on the monitor that is playing the video. At the moment that 1 single pixel of Firefox, Chrome, Edge or whatever goes to the other monitor, it goes black too.

I do not know, it is weird as hell, first time with AMD GPU and I am regreting hard as **bleep**.

0 Likes
6 Replies

What browser do you use? Have you tried a different browser? Try turning off hardware acceleration in your browser.

0 Likes

I tried on Firefox, Chrome, Edge and Opera. All of them the same problem. Also I turned off hardware acceleration and the problem persist.

0 Likes

I agree very strange behavior especially since it runs games without issue. Could you post your systems components for reference. For instance I run an Msi X670-P 7800X3D 32 GB Gskill 6000 MTs  Cooler Master 1050 watt psu etc.

0 Likes

Ryzen 7 5800X - MSI B450M Pro-VDH MAX - 16x2 GB Gskill 3200Hz - Cooler Master 750W Plus Gold

0 Likes

I would down load the latest driver as well as the AMD cleanup utility.  Uninstall the older driver and run the AMD cleanup utility then install the latest driver and see if that helps.

0 Likes

Done, but the problem persists.

0 Likes