cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

Xt
Adept I

AC Failure "Wattman settings restored to default" why?

Hi,

We had a power failure in our area and after power had been restored, all the settings made had been changed to its default. I was under this impression that this wouldn't happened after it has been saved. 

Lately moved from nvidia card to amd 6000 series.

0 Likes
8 Replies
gala-actual
Adept I

I get this randomly after every few days, bit of a pain and is not result of any errors. I only notice my wattage has gone back up, so I go undervolt it again (or load in the saved profile) - 7900xt

0 Likes

if you have power failure every few days , then you should contact some electrician .. and if it's only your computer that is crashing, maybe check components like psu , cables , eventuel OC etc

marinesquirel
Adept III

Its a feature of the card if it senses that it's being over or under watts. To save the card it will automatically shut down your computer and reset your settings. This also means you may want to get a new surge protector because your component sensed a wattage shift before your protective device. 

eebiii
Forerunner

or your overclock is not holding anymore

0 Likes
xlox
Forerunner

after a power failure , if no inverter , this can be expected ... could be worse lol

0 Likes
MADZyren
Paragon

If you have saved the setting, it means you can load them from profile, from the same place where you saved it.

If Radeon software does this often, try disabling Windows fast boot feature, but when you get a power failure, that is normal behaviour. Also Radeon software does that pretty much every time anything crashes, no matter what caused it. 

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

The Performance Tuning menu settings are lost in the following siutations:

1. The system restarts or shuts down unexpectadly. This includes pressing the restart button, losing power, system restarts due to instability, be it software or hardware related. 
  2. There is a GPU driver crash

Default settings are restore to try and restore stability, even if the graphics card/driver is not the cause of instability. 

0 Likes
Xt
Adept I

I was under the impression that it stay saved after the AC power shutdown unexpectedly not the overclock related.  Thanks for all the comments tho guys.