cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

Weber462
Challenger

7900xtx black screen

Freeze to black screen when playing games.  After a few min.  I’m pretty frustrated.  I have a 850 psu.  Reinstalled gpu and cables.  Ran a memtest86 with no errors. Complete reinstall of Windows and adrenaline.   When it goes to black screen my computer is still running (it does not reboot).  I have to manually reboot.  I have gpu and cpu on water.  Cpu temp > 70 and gpu > 50.  ….. I have had card for about 3 months.  I was affected by that update that caused the crash loop.   Before that “update” the card ran fine.  What the hell is going on?  Anyone else haveing the se issues.  Just tonight I had 3 blackscrens on valhiem and one on warhammer.  The system is unplayable and I’m failing to troubleshoot my way out.   So it’s not my memory, not temps, and my psu is 850 (800 recommend). On newest drivers.

0 Likes
6 Replies
Weber462
Challenger

Clarifying cpu<70 and gpu < 50

0 Likes
Slizerdk
Adept I

This might sound odd, but disconnect all power.

Clear cmos without your battery in it!

Leave without power for 5 min, then reconnect power and power up.

If the problem is still there try reseating your ram, take it out and reinsert it again.

This helped on my former rig after ALOT of troubleshooting.

0 Likes

I actually did reseat ram.   Could ram still be the issue if it passes the mem tests?  Should I try 2 dimm instead of 4?   For what it’s worth, my rig does NOT reboot. It just goes black.  And I need to restart manually.

0 Likes
LosTurbinos
Adept I

what cpu you have?

i though first that my 850 psu was not enough, so i upgradet to 1300watt...but it was not the problem on my system.

I also had lots of problems with my card, first days it was ok but then came the artifacts. Only cyperpunk went so far that it crashed my system totally. But other games had bad graphic glitches.

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, AM4, 3.8GHz 12-core, G.Skill 16GB (4 x 8GB) Trident Z Neo DDR4 3600MHz, RX 7900 xtx Red Devil, MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI, Seasonic PX-1300 Prime 80 Plus platinum, NZXT krakken Z73 360mm AIO
0 Likes

5950x.  I just ran the windows mem test on top of memtest86…. No issues.   I want to say it’s driver, but if that were the case, I would think there would be a lot more complaints.  I don’t know….. I’m pretty deflated.

0 Likes
johnnyenglish
Big Boss

Lots of other people is reporting that disabling MPO actually fixes it. 

I would give it a go. 

The Englishman
0 Likes