cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

Kingdew
Adept I

6900 xt stuttering warzone.

Hey guys I recently bought a pc after being a console gamer most of my life and its really letting me down. Caldera is literally unplayable. Feels like I'm playing at worse fps than my xbox and it stutters and hitches like no tomorrow. Are there any amd reps in here? Have your engineers been talking to raven software at all? Or is this getting brushed away? It highly seems like it. There are alot of people having this problem. I know Im posting another forum but it doesn't seem like any progress is happening with this major bug. One of the biggest market share games you'd think would run okay on a $1000+ gpu. Unacceptable to say the least. Really hope I get a reply from this. My patience can only wear so thin with these "workarounds" that don't work. Team green are looking very good at this stage. If my gpu in under a month old I should be viable for a refund for faulty product? 

0 Likes
8 Replies
tauuruz
Adept II

Ohhh buddy, what a bad luck.

All I can say is: Welcome to AMD. 

Yeah, most AMD product is 90% DRIVER ISSUES - 10% playable.

Try Intel and Nvidia maybe.

OR explore this forum in order to find solutions

Good luck budd!

Yeah I should've listened to the warnings some of my friends give me that have older series of amd, really thought they might have got it right with the 6000 series lol,cheers bro I'll keep diving around for fixes until umart gets back to me on my refund or swap was really keen to flex my 6900xt, not so much a flex anymore

johnnyenglish
Big Boss

You should really give us more details.

I got nothing about your system details, how is it happening, drivers installed, your troubleshooting, nothing at all.

But feedback from friends of mine, well.. they are playing it fairly good with a 6600XT paired with a 5600X averaging at 90fps at 1440p high settings and 120 at 1080p. 

And the 6600XT costs a fraction of a 6900XT

If you are facing problems in games and windows, you should try DDU.

Good luck

The Englishman
0 Likes

I've tried ddu, cleaned all previous drivers. reinstalled windows fresh. Reinstalled warzone fresh. I'm running a 5600x 16gb of ddr4 3600, 850w psu which is recommended for my card. Gigabyte oc 6900 xt. Running on a 1080p 165hz monitor. All extras disabled in radeon software. Tesellation on application ect... Sam enable. Have tried it on or off and no difference. Tried undervolting and underclocking still same crap performance. Put my brother rx 580 in and it's nearly more stable

0 Likes

Running latest driver. Tried multiple fixed from other forums. There's a huge problem if a 6600xt is running nearly better than a 6900xt that's brand new... shouldn't have a recode the drivers basically for it to work. Got no reply from gigabyte about this either. Seems like these massive companies just want your money and sell you a non working product and just expect you to live with it. Not like the gpu prices where insane for so long and they didn't make millions on millions from miner sales to be able to invest some into solid drivers sorry for the rant I just feel very used. I'm not a very rich person and spending my savings from over 2 years for a gpu hurt when it doesn't work for me  

0 Likes
johnnyenglish
Big Boss

You've done your homework, now its time to exclude the graphics card for sure. Can you test it in another system? If it struggles hard... 

Then you may have a bad product and you should activate your warranty where you bought it.

Things break down and or may arrive with problems, thats why you have a return window and warranty. 

Some brands can be good with warranties, others a nightmare. Powercolor is a stay away brand for me. Asus and corsair where the Best so far.

The place of purchase will be the starting point, they will tell you what to do.

Good luck 

The Englishman
Thomasdk1405
Adept III

Hi - regarding consoles - both playstation and xbox variants use and have always used AMD cpu and gpu's (as far as I know - latest ones at least for sure). Regarding stutter and that goes for all games - there is a reason ! Could be gpu stutter, could be cpu stutter - you need to figure out which one is stuttering. You cannot just assume it is the gpu - you need to verify this. Most often with dx 12 titles you have cpu stutter because of the way it works and the way it builds up the shaders in cache. Could be mismatch between what gpu render and what cpu render - they need to be at same pace here otherwise one will pause and you get stutter. Often you need cpu to render ahead if you have very powerfull gpu vs slower cpu. Try to cap frames to something like 120 and see how it runs.

Do you have gsync or freesync monitor ?

Did you disable ULPS (registry or use msi afterburner) ?

Did you raise min. clock to 100 / 200 mhz below max clock in the performance section / custom ?

Do you use one of the presets in game section - like esports or game ?

Anti lag on vs off - I have mixed results here depending on the game. If gpu is at 99% = maxed out - it make sense to have it on - if not - often set it to off make better result.

Do not use enhanced sync - I have freesync and on my end it is not good - but read about others here it works fine - try on or off.

I have warzone and I have zero stutters and also have a 6900 xt and freesync monitor and a 3800 x cpu.

I will admit I did have problems from start - but that was before I made a DDU of geforce drivers. I also use parkcontrol and lasso from bitsum and also the ISLC from Wagnardsoft (this one fixed my stuttering in BF 2042) - so had nothing to do with driver from AMD !

I also use game mod = on in windows

Again there is a reason for stuttering !

Matt_AMD
Community Manager

We have an existing discussion on this known issue. Please use that thread to provide your feedback and track future status updates. 

Re: Warzone stuttering with 6900 XT - Page 35 - AMD Community