cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

sirpollywog
Journeyman III

6600xt performance tank issue

A few weeks ago, right after getting my 6600xt, Fortnite would run at 120+ FPS. However, for the last few days, the FPS has completely tanked. It has lows of 15, and highs of 40. I use my graphics card to mine ethereum almost 24/7, excluding the hour or so daily that I game. I keep the temps quite low while I mine, though, like under 60 degrees. Also, I did a driver update around a week ago, updating to Adrenalin edition 22.3.2. I tried reverting to the driver (22.2.3) that I had prior to the update, with no performance improvements. Since the Fortnite performance tank, Rocket League has stayed at the same FPS I had before these issues. The only thing that has had issues recently is Fortnite.

My system includes an ASUS dual 6600xt, MSI b550M motherboard, 5600G CPU, 1tb sata ssd, and 16gb of 3200mhz RAM.

Does anybody have any ideas for a fix?

0 Likes
5 Replies
Heisenberg45
Adept I

Did you try directx 12?

0 Likes

yep

0 Likes

It seems im not the only one who facing this issue,

I think we bought wrong card. Its for mines

0 Likes

at least I'll make the money back on the card by the end of the year by mining... then I can buy a 3060 ti

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Thanks for the post.
We have an existing thread that is discussing this issue, please use that to provide your feedback and track future status updates.
https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/fortnite-performance-mode-fps-drop/td-p/454316/page/2
0 Likes