cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

florian662680
Journeyman III

Wrong Driver? Macbook Pro 16 2019 AMD Radeon Pro 5500M Windows 10

Hello everyone, I have a Radeon™ Pro 5500M Series in my MacBook 16 2019, and I also use Windows 10 X64 on it. I was trying to install the new Radeon Pro driver from 2024 with version 24.Q1, but during installation, I'm getting a message saying that the driver can't find any AMD hardware. Is my graphics card too old, or did I not select the right driver? Can anyone here help me with this? Thank you very much.

Aktuell.JPG

0 Likes
2 Replies
Radeon5500
Journeyman III

I'm having the same issue with the same equipment.  Tried to use the "Auto-Detect" driver as well and it did not detect any hardware (despite it being properly installed and running just fine).

I think the driver has to be specifically designed to detect the Mac version, which they haven't setup and released in like 2 years!  The guy who runs bootcampdrivers.com was doing it unofficially for a while but has not updated drivers since Sept 2023.  Those drivers are a good place to start if you haven't tried those yet.  Some games do warn that my drivers are "out of date" but generally still play just fine...

Thank you for the information and the tip about bootcampdrivers.com, I will now keep an eye on that. The version there is at least from October and already newer than mine from July. Thank you very much

0 Likes