cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

VeniceNick
Journeyman III

Wanted drivers for Video: ATI M64-P, Windows 8 x86 OS.

Wanted drivers for Video: ATI M64-P, Windows 8 x86 OS.

0 Likes
7 Replies

Is that by any chance a ATI RAGE or X1000/2000 Series GPU card?

What is the exact Make & Model of the GPU card that uses the M64-P GPU chip?

Looking at AMD Download page under "Legacy Graphics" for "RAGE SERIES" there are no drivers for Windows 8 or newer. Only Windows XP or older.

Personally why are you trying to use such an antique GPU card?  For research or was it given to you as a gift?

0 Likes
VeniceNick
Journeyman III

Laptop: A7C

Chipset: Intel 945 PM
Video: ATI M64-P

0 Likes

I see you have a very old laptop with an Intel  945 PM APU processor and ATI M64-P GPU chip.

What is the name of your laptop manufacturer?  I tried googling A7C Laptop and nothing comes up except a Sony SLR camera.

It might be impossible to find your Laptop Support download page from your laptop manufacturer since it is such an old laptop model. But I could try and help you find drivers for both your Intel and AMD GPUs if possible.

0 Likes
VeniceNick
Journeyman III

Laptop produced Asus, Asus gave me this data only. By the way ATI/AMD is oriinal manufacturer of this chipset and supply it to so many laptop manufacturers. I don't know now, but 15 and more years ago nVidia and ATI even supply a reference disign PCB to VGA cards manufacturers. I worked with AMD many years ago, key manager in AMD was Reinhard Fabritz, he left AMD many years ago. I worked with nVidia and AMD sirectly also, but it was 15 and more years ago.

0 Likes
VeniceNick
Journeyman III

AMD don't know ATI M64-P chipsets, how to identify it?

0 Likes

Seems to be a 'ati mobility radeon X1450', the last drivers listed for X1xxx series were for Vista.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

This laptop equipped with ATI Mobility Radeon X1450 descrete video card.

0 Likes